Breaking Free

Breaking Free

A Story by tiffanyrenee
"

Suspense

"

      The light flickered in the otherwise complete dark space. A single bed, two chairs, a box television, clock, and a small fridge were the only things in the hotel room. Her mind raced with ideas of "what-ifs". What if it didn't work? What if it went wrong? What if he was caught? All these questions caused her heart to beat faster in her chest. Her palms began to sweat as she lifted her hand and wiped the drops of sweat from her brow. Why does she torture herself and think like this? It isn't going to help anything.

     

     Could we finally be done? It was a thought too great for her. Be done with this life. This life paying those who wanted payment.

 

      It is and was never fair. You get help from certain people and you never pay it back. Could they finally be done with these drug dealers? She hopes James was able to make them accept their final payment. The silence pounds loud in her ears as she watches the door. She doesn't dare move away for fear of her insignificant movement changing how it all goes. It wouldn't anyway, but she won't tell herself that.

 

      Minutes pass as the clock ticks on, then hours. Where is he? She considers chasing after her love. What happened and why isn't he back? Her mind races with the worst possible scenarios.

Standing from her chair, she puts on her boots and jacket and heads towards the silver door handle. Just as she walks closer, it wiggles.

 

      "Oh, thank goodness!" she thought. She turns and removes her jacket and says, "You worried me so much, James." She sighs a sigh of relief. The room gets colder from the burst of frigid December air.

 

      She turned to see, not James, but another man!

      

     "Who the hell are you?" she yelled. "Someone hel....." her last words are only a murmur after a white rag gets placed over her face. The world is blurry and the voice of this man trails off into the distance. It was black.

© 2015 tiffanyrenee


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

218 Views
Added on January 31, 2015
Last Updated on January 31, 2015
Tags: suspense, short story

Author

tiffanyrenee
tiffanyrenee

MO



About
I'm 17 and have been writing for quite some time now. I'd truly appreciate it if you would look at, review and or give constructive criticism on my writing. Thanks! more..

Writing
Our Story Our Story

A Story by tiffanyrenee