MIND GAMES-INTENTIONS

MIND GAMES-INTENTIONS

A Story by Lourdes Pessetto
"

Their intentions are often hidden behind a fake smile or superficial compliments. They tend to turn things around with their twisted words and make everything look as if it was your fault.

"

MIND GAMES-INTENTIONS


He that has eyes to see and ears to hear may convince himself that no mortal can keep a secret. If his lips are silent, he chatters with his fingertips; betrayal oozes out of him at every pore.” (Sigmund Freud Theory).


**We live in a society where we cannot avoid meeting with different kinds of people. Real people with truthful intentions. These people genuinely want to see you succeed, they want the best for you and they’re willing to go the extra mile to give you a helping hand. These people do not criticize or judge what you do or don't do with your life, they give you honest feedback of the pros and cons you may encounter throughout the journey of your dreams, they are there for you, for good or bad.   

On the other hand, we come across with people whose real “intentions” are often hidden behind a fake smile or superficial compliments; these people may appear to be “good” on the surface, however their true motives are to gain something in return, such as admiration for themselves or control. They may appear to be on your side; but behind that smile, their true “intentions” is to see you vulnerable because this makes them feel superior, bigger and better. These people are manipulators, they use “mind games” and often make you believe that what they are doing or telling you is the “best” for you. “Mind games” people do not take responsibility for their own actions, they don’t admit any wrongdoing, apologizing for them is considered weakness, they tend to turn things around with their twisted words and make everything look as if it was your fault. You often feel confused and doubtful of who you really are. “Mind games” people try to cover their true “intentions” with a mask of innocence, and we end up second guessing ourselves which is extremely exhausting and infuriating.  

When we do not have clarity of who we truly are and do not have the ability to make firm decisions in life, we can be easily persuaded by these “mind games” people. We believe they are correct, when in fact, their “intentions” are not necessarily in our best interest at heart. Consequently, when we know our grounds, when we trust ourselves, when are true to ourselves, when we are not afraid of admitting our mistakes and have the humility to apologize whenever we hurt someone, even if it was unintentionally, when do not feel the need to become defensive or argumentative, and instead, we are open to a decent conversation, willing to listen, to compromise, to negotiate, you know you are in control of the situation, not the person itself. When you are in this position, you no longer attract abusive, manipulative people to your life. These people know exactly who to target and often feel threatened or intimidated by a person with principles and good values, honest, real people who can smell their BS a mile away, who are not afraid of looking straight into their eyes to uncover their mask of lies and twisted minds. 

("If his lips are silent, he chatters with his fingertips; betrayal oozes out of him at every pore”).

What we do as opposed to what we intent deep in our core are two different things. We must aim to have good "intentions" in each thought we think, every word we say- every action must match with our principles and values, with our core-pure essence. If it is going to hurt someone, don’t do it, don’t say it, don’t pretend through a mask of a “nice-fake smile”, “innocent”, “joker” individual whose real intentions are evil. If it isn't for good, it is best not to say, or do anything at all. We must take responsibility for our own actions-no one is perfect- but we can try to do and be the very best we can. With each day comes infinite possibilities and opportunities for improvement when we are open and receptive. With Love, Lourdes 

© 2021 Lourdes Pessetto


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

Some people are just like that, be careful

Posted 2 Years Ago



Watch out!
there are people out there that
take pleasure in torturing someone.
stay safe away.
have a great day Lourdes

Posted 2 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

77 Views
2 Reviews
Added on August 20, 2021
Last Updated on August 20, 2021
Tags: Mind games, Intentions, Manipulation, Mask of innocence

Author

Lourdes Pessetto
Lourdes Pessetto

AZ



About
Bilingual- English/Spanish. Winner of an Emerging Writers Award in college. One of my short stories selected and published in the book "Modern -Day Miracles" by Louise Hay. I love music, signing, out.. more..

Writing