Don't forget everything that means something to you on your way out the door.

Don't forget everything that means something to you on your way out the door.

A Poem by Loquence Romano

Have a pleasant weekend.
Don't forget everything that means something to you on your way out the door.
Remember to drink a glass of water with every shot of sixty-percent-or-less water and to begin your homework on Sunday morning--
You'll thank yourself Monday afternoon.
Next week we'll be working on a new step toward a step toward another step toward your life goals.
Please come prepared to class.

I see that you've been taking notes;
I only wonder if they're destined for the recycling bin or a bonfire or--heaven forbid--the rubbish bin, where they will go to a landfill to biodegrade just like paper does in any situation eventually.
There's something about me that doesn't see something about you that is likely to make productive use of them beyond the semestre's end, in any case, which is why I want simply to remind you to not forget everything that you love on your way out the door.

Is that your pen on the floor?
Your half-empty water bottle?
Did you leave your sunglasses on your desk when you stood up to vacate the room?
Don't forget that which inspires you--that which motivates you, that which moves you--as you take up your books and bags and bottles and bare shoulders and booted feet to traipse out of this room as if nothing could invigorate your lungs like the air in the corridor beyond the door.
Do not forget the words which dripped from your tongue like water in an open-mouthed shower;
Do not forsake your thoughts which spun down your cerebrum as if it were a drain as soon as you lifted your head.
Do not forget the light behind your eyes; don't let it fade when your fingers are bleeding and your consciousness wanes.


When you stand to leave, when you do go, don't forget yourself and leave you behind.
Go--for god's sake, go--but take yourself with you.
You're all that you'll ever have and more.

© 2015 Loquence Romano


Author's Note

Loquence Romano
Harsh criticism welcomed.

My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

No harsh criticism here,, i like it!! I like how you build up the structure of the thoughts, how you phrase, the imagery you use,, very well done!!

Posted 8 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

158 Views
1 Review
Rating
Shelved in 1 Library
Added on October 20, 2015
Last Updated on October 20, 2015