HOME IS WHERE THE HEART IS

HOME IS WHERE THE HEART IS

A Story by Louis J. Shaw
"

A piece written 5 days after my return to England after graduation

"

HOME IS WHERE THE HEART IS



I’ve been back now 5 days or so, feels like I may have never left. A mere handful of days settled and not even a hint of jet lag to remind of my absence. I wouldn’t complain, only that 4 years to any one person is half a small lifetime and for my family paying the bills, half a large fortune.


I had earlier concluded, in my final few months, that I had, had enough, that I had done all that needed to be done and lived all that I had desired in that small span of 4 years, but now I’m back, the dust has settled and it would appear that contrary to my previous assumption I would in fact never truly know what I had lost until it was gone. 


Don’t get me wrong, I am happy to be home, but I now figure the idea of ”home” has somewhat dramatically shifted to a more ambiguous idea. London will always be my city of origin and England my country of birth, but for the first time in my 24 years of life, I now quite sadly realize that home is where the heart is and mine may just have been left across the pond.

© 2014 Louis J. Shaw


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

102 Views
Added on October 7, 2014
Last Updated on October 7, 2014
Tags: journal, short, self reflection, personal, travel, graduation, college

Author

Louis J. Shaw
Louis J. Shaw

London, United Kingdom



About
I'm a recent graduate of the School of Visual arts. Though I studied film production, I'm passionate about writing. Theres something uniquely rewarding about grabbing a pen and paper and getting down .. more..

Writing