Build your author website
Authors are creating beautiful personal websites with Myauthor.space for FREE! Try us before you spend $1000s of dollars
[Blog Sessions] Blind Epiphanies 101

[Blog Sessions] Blind Epiphanies 101

A Poem by Luci_Unveiled

The most effective change is the kind we don't see coming. But what is truechange? Is it the realization and execution of maturity? Or improvement of your position in life? However you define change, its significance comes from what you learned from it. I must say that the past few months have been the most critical in my spiritual transformation, which is precisely why I chose to take the things I (and millions of other young adults) struggle with the most and created a code of ethics I see as beneficial to the open-minded. These were born during some of the best moments of my life, and some of the shittiest. Sure I don't expect everybody to agree with what I have to say; and yes, you're absolutely right, I don't care. But don't let my apathy towards judgment be confused with inability to accept criticism. I just think I've earned the right to speak on profound matters pertaining to myself, my peers, and the pursuit of contentment with the gift of life. My intent is purely set on feeding wisdom to the human mind.

With that being said, I'll share some things that I once, like everyone else, had a hard time realizing.


Lessons I've learned about myself:
--The journey of defining yourself is far more important than the elements we spend so much time  dwelling on. Basically, if it's not bettering you as a person, you need to let it go. 
--When you wake up in the morning, look in the mirror and ask yourself if your happy with who you  are. If your not, get back in the bed and stay there until you figure out why. The world doesn't  need anymore insecure people running loose.
--Learn to love without needing validation.  
--To love yourself is to respect yourself, and vice versa. 
--Our God is a source of unique creations. There's a reason why he made you the way you are.
--Perfect the skills you possess and love your imperfections.They are what make you YOU.
--Fessing up to your wrong-doings is alot less painful than a*s kicking karma that you would catch  for being dishonest.
--No ones here to serve a purpose of a people-pleaser. Do what you need to do for you,and if others  aren't happy with the person you've grown to be,then maybe they shouldn't be around in the first  place. 


Lessons I've learned about people:
--The coldest, most heartless jackasses in the world are the people you are gonna learn the most  from.
--Are you constantly finding time to scrutinize somebody else's lifestyle?  So you've lived that  person's life, walked in their shoes, felt their pain and been through what they've been  through? No..?  Yeah I didn't think so.
--Haters and roaches fall in the same category: no matter how hard you try, they never seem to go  away! Just know the things you keep closest are what attracts them. Positive thinking and a healthy  environment serve as great pest control.
--We as people have a nasty habit of making what others think more relevant than what we think of  ourselves. Quite a*s backwards don't cha think? Regardless of someone else's opinion, no one else  but YOU has to live with the consequences (good or bad) from the decisions you make.
--If you know someone is making a fool of you,and you let it happen for whatever reason,you are no  less of blame than they are. 
--Know who you're giving yourself to. Too many of us don't and t
hat's exactly how people end up  heartbroken; we place our hearts in hands of those whom we thought was someone else.

Lessons I've learned about life:
--A life without love is torturous, but a life without God is meaningless. 
--When life gives you lemons, smack it in the face and demand oranges because you deserve better!
--Just remember, when you stop to cry,whine,and complain, life is still going with or without you.
--Trust is a necessary hazard, belief is a powerful risk, and love is one hell of a drug. Live    dangerously or die humdrum. 
--There's nothing wrong with tears. The reason for them could be the problem.
--Time spent in an unstable lifestyle set on society's standards will eventually lead you to crash into  a brick wall called loneliness made from bricks of insecurity.
--Hate is the worst battle you'll fight because its many faces will hinder how you prepare to defeat  it. Love is the greatest war you'll win because its many faces will prepare you to defeat hate.
--No one can change the world single handed. But together, we all can make damn sure we all live a  life that leaves an impression once we're gone. 


I used to be a sucker for the phrase "It doesn't matter where you came from, as long as you know where you're going." But I have to slightly disagree. For most of us, where we came from is particularly why we are heading in a specific direction.To me, that means it does matter. Although I do side with the fact that it shouldn't overshadow your possible destination. Even if we all walk the same path in life, changes effect each individual differently. Therefore, I prefer my own phrase, "A strong finish can wipe out that shaky start."

Learn avidly. Change gracefully. Finish strong.

© 2012 Luci_Unveiled


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

246 Views
Added on May 9, 2012
Last Updated on May 9, 2012

Author

Luci_Unveiled
Luci_Unveiled

Under a Rock, CA



About
I'm Luci, I'm 20 years young. ツ Some people are born to talk, I prefer to listen & write instead. God=Love, To know him is to love him. Diction & syntax: the two most powerful elements .. more..

Writing