The Change

The Change

A Story by luciddreamer

Some people are born into violence and if very unlucky wind up doing what they were born into. But there is some who see, even as children, that violence always beget violence. My father was one of the doing what he was born into. I have always been against violence, yet I practiced it in my own home, always sorry, always saying it will never happen again...but it did.

One day my children grew up, my husband had passed away 10 years earlier, and I was left not only financially wrecked, but also mentally drained. I looked to be more of the age of 65 instead of the 49 I actually was.

I realized the witty, fun loving free soul adventurer was crushed from the onset. Telling herself for years that when she left her fathers home she would be happier. Thinking that her unhappiness was from evil people who did not exist in the outer world led her to many hurts and disappointments. She allowed others to change her...she allowed others to make her feel ashamed....she allowed others to rob her of her light.

She became what she swore she would never be, but just saying and not facing doesn't solve anything. One day looking in the mirror she saw the demon smiling back. Feeling broken and sad, she remembers thinking she could never come back to who she truly was.

But then she realized that all she was was what she knew and what she believed and if she believed her life could change, her love could once again grow, then it would be so...................and it did

© 2013 luciddreamer


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

Not sure about the switching from first to third person, but the sentiments are honest and are well written
Atb
Alex

Posted 10 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

90 Views
2 Reviews
Added on January 20, 2013
Last Updated on January 20, 2013

Author

luciddreamer
luciddreamer

Carrollton, GA



About
First they ignore you, then they laugh at you, then they fight you, then you win....Gandhi more..

Writing