A Complaint

A Complaint

A Poem by luciddreamer
"

Weird Write prompt....Write about a heart broken in two's and it's point of view

"

The owner of this vessel

is reckless.

She throws me around

like trash.

I get beaten and kicked

all over the place,

 no appreciation

at all for beauty;

what I use to possess,

before you broke me in two

© 2010 luciddreamer


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

This poem is a short, sharp, shock. It's very clever. For me, it initially captures the feeling that most of us have had at some point, for a moment or two, where we personify a car, perhaps, or a boat, and we wonder about the long and possibly troubled life that "vessel" has had. I think we've all felt a pang of sympathy for an inanimate object, like a car, that looks a little battered and is perhaps disrespected by the owner. Here, you give us that feeling, and then you apply it to the human heart. It's a really clever perspective, because you make the reader firstly disconnect from themselves (or their heart as a part of them), and then from that disconnected point of view, you make us feel the sympathy that we would perhaps feel for a stranger, a sympathy that we could never normally apply to ourselves. That's very clever and makes for a very insightful, perceptive, unusual poem. It's certainly a "heartfelt" plea! I'm favorite-ing this :-)

Posted 13 Years Ago


intensely stirring~

Posted 13 Years Ago


Very nice, interesting, and well written. A wonderful poem, short, sweet, and to the point. I love the words you used to describe the feeling. That's amazing. Can't wait for more!!

Posted 13 Years Ago


Heart Breaks are self inflicted, yes...Nice take.

Posted 13 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

162 Views
4 Reviews
Rating
Shelved in 1 Library
Added on November 20, 2010
Last Updated on November 20, 2010

Author

luciddreamer
luciddreamer

Carrollton, GA



About
First they ignore you, then they laugh at you, then they fight you, then you win....Gandhi more..

Writing

Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..