The Simple Life

The Simple Life

A Story by luciddreamer

     Dakota loved Thomas.  Thomas was the first toy Dakota looked for when he woke up and the first toy he looked for when he went to bed.  This day however was turning into a grand adventure and Thomas would be the center of controversy.

     On Dakotas side was his big sister Bre who would help him escape a time or two.

     On Fallons side was her older brother Luke, who would tell her just when to strike. 

     On the sidelines waiting their turns were another older sister Shy, who was always on the side of the one with the most candy and Bit, who loved war, as long as he could control it. 

     Fallon, Dakotas sister, who loved Thomas as much as she loved torturing Dakota, had kidnapped the beloved Thomas the train.  A plan had to be made, action must be forth comming, victory must be won!  Dakota ran with all his might across the slippery fresh mopped kitchen floor and slid into his sister who landed on top of him.  Thomas dropped to the floor, lying on his side. 

     When the two stopped crying from mainly wounded pride, they shared a smile as they watched their favorite Thomas episode on DVD while eating their lunch.  All in all,  a pretty nice day.

     That night, after supper, baths, and play time, everyone was ready for bed.  Babies rubbed their eyes, young children got sassy, and teenagers were quickly annoyed...they were all ready for a recharge.

     Eventually Thomas was rescued and put back into his shed for the night.  He was exhausted and prayed for an easier day tomorrow while he gave thanks for surviving today.

 

© 2011 luciddreamer


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

Really enjoyed this from Thomas' perspective :)

Posted 13 Years Ago


Good excerpt from true life I feel. Well written, although I wonder how it would read if written from Dakota's head.
ATB
Alex.

Posted 13 Years Ago


One can depend on this author to change style according to what is effective.
I like this particular voice very much.
A personal glimpse into a 'typical' evening at home with the Gkids, portrayed very quickly, but with coloful images.


Posted 13 Years Ago


This reads like children play. Fast and breathless. Perfect for the story itself.

Posted 13 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

195 Views
4 Reviews
Rating
Added on February 28, 2011
Last Updated on March 10, 2011

Author

luciddreamer
luciddreamer

Carrollton, GA



About
First they ignore you, then they laugh at you, then they fight you, then you win....Gandhi more..

Writing