Letter to Her

Letter to Her

A Poem by Luis Lendof
"

This is a piece dedicated to someone very special to me.

"
Letter to Her:
I must thank you child of the star for guiding my poor, corrupted soul through these tough times. I can’t explain exactly why it happens but you always cross my mind when my inner self feels in danger. For some reason your smile and the memories of us together conquer my mind when the outside world tries to extinguish me. My own mind threatens me and sometimes tries to guide me through wrong paths. My only companions when in the dark are you and my music. The lyrics warm up my heart and your memories caress it like that of a mother towards her child. Every day is a different battle I take on, you’re always there fighting alongside me even if you’re miles away. Every time I’m sick, the memory of that warm cup of tea suddenly helps me feels better. Every time I need a laugh, the memory of us telling silly jokes comes to mind and I suddenly laugh. Every time I make mistakes I remember how you taught me that there’s always a way to solve things. Every time I need love, the memory of your kisses delicately touching my face make me feel loved all of a sudden. You marked my life in the most beautiful way, with your love and appreciation. Even though our times together were shortened, I don’t regret letting in my life such a unique and beautiful person.

               Thanks again,
                   Luis Lendof

© 2016 Luis Lendof


Author's Note

Luis Lendof
Thanks for reading, hope you enjoyed it! Please share any piece of advice and/or feedback. I apologize for any grammar problems.

My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

147 Views
Added on January 23, 2016
Last Updated on January 23, 2016

Author

Luis Lendof
Luis Lendof

About
Me? I'm just a regular guy with crazy ideas. Thank you so much for reading my work. Hope you enjoyed it! Feel free to share any piece of advice and/or feedback. :) more..

Writing