Bad Teachings

Bad Teachings

A Story by Lunar Lightning
"

Nikki, I have to return your story, naturally. I think this is a great way for the two of us to tell eachother things. Great idea.

"

     In this world we are all lost. We are sent here with nothing, forced to rely on others for what we need, knowledge, food, shelter, life. But some of us were born with an unfair advantage, knowledge that you may find a gift, or you may find it a curse. This is a story of two friends, one was born with, one without. The one with sees only a curse and wishes to forget, but the one without sees only a gift and wishes to learn. This story will be told in the point of view of the one with.

 

 

 

     Every morning the same thing; wake up, shower, eat, do hair, do makeup, walk to the bus. Every day for so long school has been the same thing; get off the bus, find friends, fake happy, fake ok, go to class, fake interest, pass tests, settle drama, get back on the bus. But in my repetitive routine there is something unwanted. I look at the girl who's always smiling and always happy and I can see something that means someothing bad has happened. Where she would always laugh loudly and cutely, today she only laughs dryly and her smile seems forced. I can see the jock who would jump at the oportunity to say something to make a scene, today he only jokes with his friends and keeps mellow. My mind watches things, everything, and makes connections to with simple, almost invisible things. But my mind does not do it to help, no I don't have a clue how to help. I can only decieve. My mind only works in it's on favor. I can diagnos and give advise, I try to help as best I can, and they can do what they want with what I find, but there is a cost to my help.

     I have a friend, she is beautiful and kind, she's smart and loyal, but she is rough around the edges. She is stubborn and hard headed and jealous easily. She is protective and possesive and easily hurt. She is my very best friend and I love her. She is older than me, yes, but she is like a younger sister to me, for I have more wisdom in the world and the curse that I was born with. She knows about my curse and wishes to learn. For a long time I thought it was a good idea. So I taught. I taught her to do things that we should never do; manipulate people to do things for you, to like you, to fall for you... I taught her how to fake, how to make sure no one knows how you're really feeling, to pretend who you are so people accept you.

     Recently I realized how wrong I was, those things should not be taught to anyone, and they should be forgotten by those of us who were born with suck knowledge. So I tried to retrogress. I forgot about my mask as best I could, I refused her all of my teachings, and I tried to tell her to forget all that I taught her before. She couldn't see how it was a bad thing... She wanted to learn more and keep learning. I refused her my help, she had learned too much and misused what I taught her with good intent, and I couldn't beleive she didn't pick up the morals that should come with knowledge. Never the less, I stood by her, praying that she would understand, even if she had to get hurt like I got hurt to do it...

     You see, now I have a friend, she is beautiful on the outside, but now she is fake on the inside. I'd like my friend back, you see, back from the bad teachings I gave her. Now we fight all the time and we annoy one another, now I am the alpha, and that's not how it should be, at least not to this extreme. I am the alpha, I always will be, but I don't want a beta, I want a friend. I want someone real and caring and kind, I want the friend I had, before I messed things up.

 

 

     Now have you formed an opinion? Curse or gift? You lose people to this little ability, you see, it is not good. But everyone likes you when you have and use it, but most of those people get hurt....

© 2010 Lunar Lightning


Author's Note

Lunar Lightning
Please tell me, curse or gift?

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

when you talk about knowledge you must also mention wisdom. they are not the same thing by the way. knowledge is just that. smarts intellect and brains. but wisdom is the power to wield such things and without wisdom, knowlegd could very much be a curse. all this is said in case you want to expand your story...which i think you should do!
i liked very much that you mentioned knowledge as one of the nessecities of life!

Posted 13 Years Ago


I would say... neither, it is simply an obstacle, or a lesson. Something that you need to take caution with and decide how far you could use it as a gift before it would turn into a curse. Something that will only hurt you to make you stronger and wiser in the end.

Posted 13 Years Ago


I would say... a curse.

Posted 13 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

333 Views
3 Reviews
Rating
Added on July 15, 2010
Last Updated on July 15, 2010

Author

Lunar Lightning
Lunar Lightning

Boney Lake, WA



About
My name is Antonia Gabrielle Jones, I am 16, and I am a million contradictions, all wrapped up in one human being. I am an optomistic pessimist, outgoing shy girl, violent passivist, bluntly honest pe.. more..

Writing