Lilacs

Lilacs

A Poem by xlynne
"

lilacs

"
On the wisps of the morning snow drift, the air faintly smelled of lilacs. Their aromas reaching up from the buried ground, bleeding through the crystal snow, and lining the air with visions of its abundant nature. In the summer, its virgin smell enticed the senses and drew forth the splendid pollinators. Their branches would grow high in my garden, reaching and grasping for higher atmospheres. Their purple buds seeking sweeter air would stem out along its branches, swaying in the mellow breeze. Their supple trunk, thin and strong would show innate resilience in the spring rain storms. But as the winter season blew on, the lilacs remained hibernating until this frost nipping season was done. They crawl inside themselves and patiently wait out the cold, feverously looking forward toward the warmth of the spring season when at last they can relax their snow battered branches, unbend their stiff trunks, shake off the melting snow and stretch to the sun�s wholesome rays. Finally able to spread their charming fragrance, at last they will thrive in peace.

© 2008 xlynne


Author's Note

xlynne
i was bored, i wrote. say what you want.

My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

Excellent imagery. Anyone whom uses 'abundant' without sounding trite gets a gold star in my book. Nicely done.

Posted 15 Years Ago


once again, your talent for description saturates the senses. This one had a vibrant animation in one's mind. Though there is a certain sense of literalness that gives this poem a brochure feel because it doesn't take some opportunities for strong metaphors like in the last poem I reviewed for you('salacious acts'), which alludes of an inner depth while everything is in the description here.

Posted 15 Years Ago


You should be bored more often! (NOT that all your other writings aren't absolutely brilliant!!!) You so wonderfully bring alive the lilacs, filling their branches with memories and magic... I JUST LOVE YOUR WRITING!!!

Posted 15 Years Ago


Very nice. Wonderfully penned. Thank you for sharing. Debileah

Posted 15 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

259 Views
4 Reviews
Rating
Added on June 26, 2008

Author

xlynne
xlynne

MI



About
Hello, I like to incorporate prose into my stories, I have no preference on writing stories over poems but I find the latter comes easier. I like to use elegant descriptions that flow through sent.. more..

Writing
The Basement The Basement

A Story by xlynne


Boundless Bonds Boundless Bonds

A Story by xlynne



Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


Searching Searching

A Poem by Sam