Journals of an Experiment: Entry #01

Journals of an Experiment: Entry #01

A Poem by Luna Wynters
"

Journals of an Experiment is a compilation of Journal Entries of a certain character in The Seventh Gate. I would really appreciate constructive criticisms :) ~Enjoy, Luna

"
JOURNAL ENTRY #01

Subject: GRIMHS - Omega
Date: Unspecified
Location: Unspecified
Data Type: Unspecified
Command Detail: Override
Accessibility: Restricted

They say the greatest gift of all was the miracle of life.

The birth of a newborn  is a testament to its sire's immortality. A means to carry its forefathers into the next generation and the next. Indeed, giving birth to a new life seems like the greatest gift of all things created. As dying brings the end of all, birthing marks the beginning of every life. Death and life. A cycle. Always a cycle.  They say, to be born is to be blessed. Such truth, they say.

Such lies that mock our existence.

To live is a curse. A never-ending torment. An endless cycle of despair, sacrifice, and abandonment. And yet,  why do we despair, when we knew the purpose of our births? How can we be sacrificed, when it is our duty to fulfill? How can we claim abandonment, when we were meant for a single purpose and nothing else? Our existence. Our consciousness. Our birth. We were never blessed.

Always suffering. Always enduring. Always living as shadows. Indeed our existence is a life fit for the dead. We breathe, we sleep, we fight for a single purpose. Oh, how noble our purpose is.

To save mankind from extinction.

To eradicate mankind's greatest threats.


To be sacrificed for the sake of mankind.

Our creators. Our liege. Our executioner.


To die in order to save. What a noble lie it is.

And yet, it is the truth.

We were sentenced to die. Our existence was destined to end.

And yet, I knew I was the only one cursed to survive.

But, I will break this cursed existence.

-End of Entry-

© 2015 Luna Wynters


Author's Note

Luna Wynters
I'm not really sure if this can be classified as a Poem.. but its a "Journal Entry". Actually, this is a "fragment side story" in the Seventh Gate. It's like a compilation of journal entries by a certain character in SG, and the entries are supposedly distributed among the chapters in it. The truth is I'm trying to create a somewhat dual perspective in every SG, the first is from this certain character and second from the protagonist's POV. I would really appreciate honest thoughts! Please tell me if I did this right. I'll also take this opportunity to invite you to take a glimpse at Seventh Gate. I'll be really glad to know if this "experiment" will work out!
~Luna

My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

Ooooh! So what's next!??? Update more? is some kind of Anne Frank diary with a mix of fantasy and scifi? This sound cool! Keep on going! :-D

Posted 9 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Luna Wynters

9 Years Ago

I'm flattered :) Thanks for the review! I'm curious about Anne Frank Diary o.O... Do you have any id.. read more
Rea Sky

9 Years Ago

It's one of the famous classics. It a real diary of a girl.I'm sure you'll find her easily. ;-)

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

150 Views
1 Review
Rating
Added on January 1, 2015
Last Updated on January 1, 2015
Tags: Seventh Gate, Journal, GRIMS, Raeine Grimms

Author

Luna Wynters
Luna Wynters

Zamboanga City, Region IX, Philippines



About
Most people say I'm a wierd-antisocial geek that spends to much time on reading books and writing stories (which are all attempts by the way, on writing that is). But to my friends (I can count them b.. more..

Writing