Something Different

Something Different

A Story by Onyxx Eternal
"

stream of conciousness, i guess

"

 Something that I’m indecisive about about are candles that smell like food. They are definitely a good idea in theory, say after a good meal, when you’re trying to diet, you can just smell the candle instead of gorging yourself on German Chocolate cake. You get to experience dessert vicariously through a votive. But, suppose you had a bottle of water and stale peanut butter crackers as your sole bit of sustinance for that day; walking into a room that smells like freshly baked sugar cookies is potentially riot inducing. I would go as far as to argue that a situation like that could be rendered even more dangerous, for example, you walk into a house that is fragrant with the delicious aroma of freshly baked pumpkin pie. Your mouth begins to water, as you stumble over your furniture trying to get to the kitchen, your mouth drips saliva in anticipation, and you follow your nose like a bloodhound only to discover that the oven is cold and the only thing adorning your counter tops are coffee mug stains, week old bread crumbs, and a stupid orange candle flickering cheerfully away, oblivious to the fact that it was used to dash the hopes of someone naive enough to beleive it’s aromatic deception. That is enough to make even the most well hinged adult fly into a black-out rage leaving a path of destruction straight to their nearest grocery store bakery counter.

© 2008 Onyxx Eternal


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

99 Views
Added on December 9, 2008

Author

Onyxx Eternal
Onyxx Eternal

Dallas, TX



About
I'm using this site to flex my writing chops, so to speak. Hope you enjoy my work. more..

Writing