ADVENTURES OF THEODORE TOOTH

ADVENTURES OF THEODORE TOOTH

A Story by Sandee
"

We all know that the tooth fairy takes the teeth from under our pilllow as kids. But then, where does the tooth go?

"

“Whoa, whoa,” Theodore said as he loosely hung on.

 

He hung among the other teeth, but was the only one that moved. He talked with the others and always had a good time. Lately thou, he kept getting bothered and pushed around by the big, pink tongue that was below him. Most of the time, that tongue would just lie at the there. Once again, it came to push Theodore around and this irritated him.

 

“Hey you!” Theodore yelled. It just ignored him. “Hey, I’m talking to you,” he yelled again. “Just leaved me alone!”

 

Then, the tongue sprang right up to him and they just stared at each other. One waiting for the other to make the next move. Their eye’s followed each other’s trying to predict the next move. Then, with one surprise swift shove, Theodore fell and landed on the back part of the tongue.

 

“Where are you going?” another tooth asked.

“What happened?” another asked.

“I’m not sure,” Theodore said a little scared.

He just lay there for a moment waiting to see what might happen next. From out of nowhere, two really big fingers picked Theodore up and out of Matthew’s mouth.

“Mommy, mommy,” Matthew excitedly hollered as he held Theodore between those fingers.

“Your lose tooth finally came out,” said a woman, “You know what that means don’t you?”

“Yes,” he said, “a visit from the Toothfairy.

 

Matthew rushed up the stairs and bold to his room. All of this quick movement made Theodore dizzy; he wasn’t used to so much activity. He then placed Theodore under his pillow on his bed.

Theodore was confused and a little scared. It was very dark there and he got lonely. He had no one to talk to.

 

“I wish I had someone to talk to,” he said out loud.

“Psst, Psst,” a voice said.

“Who’s there?” he asked.

“Are you the only one there?” the voice asked.

“Yep,” he said.

“Good,” the voice said and came out from the distance, “hi, how are you?”

“Fine,” Theodore said, “who are you?”

“You can call me Fuzz,” the clump of fluffy, grey stuff said.

“Ok Fuzz,” he said, “I’m Theodore, it’s nice to meet you.”

“Likewise,” Fuzz said.

“Are you hiding from something?” he asked.

“Yes,” Fuzz said with wide eyes, “when Matthew’s mom cleans this room, she uses this sucking thing called a vacuum and it gets me every time.”

“Where do you go?” Theodore asked.

“Into this big, black, dark place,” he said, “but I find my way out and back to where I belong, here.”

“Oh,” he said.

“Well, since you are here, it must mean you’re on your way,” he said.

“To where?” Theodore asked and got nervous.

“It’s a place I heard called Pearly World,” he said.

“Oh no, should I be worried?” he asked.

“Oh no, it’s a beautiful and fun place,” Fuzz said.

“Oh good, will you come with me?” he asked.

“No I can’t,” he said, “it’s a place for lose teeth only.”

Fuzz and Theodore talked, told jokes and sang songs for hours. The time seem to drift away. They heard foot steps in the distance and they got closer and closer.

“Here comes Matthew for bed and bed time for me also,” Fuzz said as he yawned.

“I had fun talking with you,’ Theodore said, “thanks for the company.”

“My pleasure,” he said and the smiled at each other, “keep on the look out for Toothfairy.”

“Who’s that?” he asked.

“She’s the one that will take you to Pearly World,” he said and feel off the bed.

“Ok, thanks,” Theodore said.

 

He sat and tried to imagine where he would be going and what Toothfairy would look like. He noticed something moving in the distance. He was curious and went to check it out. He got closer and still saw movement, but nothing was there.

 

“Peek-a-boo!” a enthusiastic voice said.

This surprised Theodore and he fell off his feet. He got up quick and stared into that area to see who it was. He crept closer and got to the edge of the bed.

“Peek-a-boo!” this object said as it popped out from the edge of the pillow that was over Theodore and disappeared again.

“Where did you go?” he asked.

“Here I am,” the voice said and popped out from the pillow edge again.

You are very quick,” Theodore said, “who are you?”
“I am PT,” the stranger said.

“Patty?” he asked.

“No, PT,” he said, “it stands for Pillow Tag.”

“Hi, I’m Theodore,” he said, “what do you do?”

“Oh nothing, I just stay here with the pillow,” he said, “I’m like it’s guard.”

“Wow, that sounds important,” he said.

“Yep, it never goes anywhere without me,” he said.

“That’s an important job,” he said, “do you ever get bored?”

“Nope, I meet interesting characters all the time,” PT said, “like you, other teeth, Teddy Bear, and others.”

“Like Fuzz?” he asked.

“Fuzz is way cool and we are best friends,” PT said proudly.

Theodore yawned and stretched out. His eyelid were getting very heavy and quickly fell asleep.

“Good night Theo,” PT said softly.

After a while of sleeping. Theodore felt a gentle tapping on his head. He opened his eyes to see a very pretty girl in a long, flowing dress with big beautiful wings on her back.

“You must be Toothfairy,” he said in amazement.

“Yes,” she said as she floated in the air.

He stood up and was ready to go.

“Follow me my friend and I will take you to Pearly World,” she said.

He wasn’t sure what to expect, but was excited about it. She had a large sack with her and pulled out a shiny new quarter to put where Theodore was sleeping.

“Why did you do that?” he asked.

“I always leave money for children who lose teeth and leave them here,” she said, “that’s my job.”

 

And they were off. It was dark and they traveled for a while. Theodore walked and followed Toothfairy as she floated and led the way. The more he walked, the darker it got and he couldn’t see her anymore. Just then, he started sliding down a hill or something. Whoosh, whoosh went Theodore at an electric fast speed. He giggle uncontrollably and went up, down, zig, zag, round, and round in circles.

 

“Wow!” Theodore hollered, “this is really fun.”

Whoosh! Sploosh! Round and round. Whoosh!

 

He slid into some bright, white gates as tall as the eye could see. Toothfairy was already there waiting for him. As he walked up to the gates, they opened. As they entered, he heard singing and laughing. It was sunny and warm. He looked all around and saw other teeth dancing, playing and having fun. He was new to Pearly World and hoped he would be accepted.

Three teeth that were playing tag in the distance, quickly ran up to Theodore.

 

“Hi,” one of them said, “my name is Tracy.”

“And my name is Trevor,” he said.

“I am Tony,” he said.

“Hi, I’m Theodore and it’s very nice to meet you,” Theodore said.

“Tag your it!’ Tracey said as she touched him and they all ran in separate directions.

 

Theodore started to chase Tracey. As he ran, he noticed many things going on all around. In the distance was a big carnival with games, prizes to win and rides to ride. Over one way was a bakeshop where he could smell wonderful sweets. Over another way he saw clowns, jugglers, painters painting pictures and faces, and a small band. There was a petting zoo, an ice cream shop, balloon stand, cotton candy machine, and many, many more fun things to do.

Theodore was so happy to be there. He felt like he belonged there and was looking forward to a long stay.

© 2012 Sandee


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

219 Views
Added on September 8, 2012
Last Updated on September 8, 2012
Tags: loose tooth, toothfairy

Author

Sandee
Sandee

Ypsilanti, MI



About
My first love of writing is all areas of children's. I also write stage and screenplays, poetry, articles, short stories, and other random things. I have a Bachelors in Journalism. I have a TBI and h.. more..

Writing
All Of It All Of It

A Poem by Sandee