Interstellar Bounty Hunters

Interstellar Bounty Hunters

A Story by Lynn
"

Can they catch them?

"

On a cold spring night, in Northwest Indiana two men drove their black Honda SUV on the toll road. They turned onto the exit to head into La Porte County. A shiny red eighty Trans Am kept its distance from them.

 

A brown-haired young woman drove the car. Her long thick hair done in a French braid as her white diamonds earrings sparkled in the moonlight. She wore a red jean jacket with a black t-shirt. Her dark denim jeans outlined her long powerful legs with matching red ankle boots.

 

She looked at the screen that set in center of the dashboard. Her red laptop plugged into the dashboard and that set in the passenger seat. The laptop raced through the data and transferred it into the car's main computer.

 

Two red lines moved in the screen. “Lynn, you should keep your eyes on the road! Or let me drive,” the computer said.

 

“Kari, figure out if those two men are the jumpers!” Lynn yelled.

 

“I have and they are. If you and Sarah don't catch them. They will jump through the gate and go into the sister world.”

 

“Contact Sarah and give her the data!”

 

Lynn continued to follow the men on the back roads. She determined that the gate that led to the sister world was near Lake Michigan. The lake produced enough power for the gate to activate the wormhole.

 

An old two-story house set on the cliffs. The moonlight gave it an eerie glow as she parked the car. Sharp cold chills ran down her spine as her warm breath came out of her nose. She leaned over and opened the glove compartment. She grabbed the blue-tooth device and placed it in her ear.

 

Lynn opened the door and stepped out while Kari closed it. A roaring engine raced down the hidden path. A red and black motorbike emerged in the moonlight as a young blonde woman wore a black tight-skin leather outfit trimmed in red.

 

“I'm in time for the party,” Sarah said as she hopped off her bike.

 

The motorbike flashed its red light. “I have detected the gate being powered up.”

 

“That's good, Mars.”

 

Lynn walked over to the trunk as it popped opened. A range of weapons lay in the racks. She grabbed a long thick gun. Then she shut off the safety switch, lifted it, and leaned it on her shoulder.

 

“Pick your poison,” Lynn said.

 

Sarah's fingers ran over the weapons. “I get to dance with the men while you destroy the gate.”

 

Lynn winked at her. Sarah chose a smaller hand-held laser and closed the trunk lid.

 

“Let's go dancing.” Sarah smiled.

 

Their vehicles went into lockdown mode. The second half of the dance now begun. The two women headed for the house. They climbed up the stairs as the shutters flapped in the wind. It provided them the perfect cover as Lynn picked the lock.

 

Click. Lynn pushed the door while it squeaked. Both women hid in the darkness and waited. Lights swirled around from the upstairs as two large engines hummed. Sarah rushed in and Lynn followed.

 

“It looks like we get to dance tonight,” Sarah said.

 

Lynn pushed her to go forward. Two men started firing their guns. The bullets raced towards the women and bounced off of them. They began to climb the staircase. Sarah aimed her weapon on one of the men. A round ball of light crashed into the man.

 

“All we want is to go home,” the man said as he tried to help his friend.

 

Sarah aimed her weapon and fired at him. He fell on his knees and hit the floor.

 

Lynn jumped over them and kicked in the door. The swirling lights danced in front of her. She lifted up her weapon and pressed the trigger. A huge white light raced out of it and struck the gate as it exploded into a ball of fire.

 

“Kari, call the wagon. We’ve the prisoners,” Lynn said.

 

Sarah walked over to them. She reached for her handcuffs and placed them on the men. “It’s over. Mates, thanks for the dance too.” She smiled.

 

© 2008 Lynn


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

120 Views
Added on March 9, 2008

Author