Life as I knew it!

Life as I knew it!

A Story by Mohamed Ahmed El-Behairy

“Life” … It’s an adventure, so unpredictable, surprising, complicated, and challenging. It’s like a feather in the wind; it comes and goes, bringing new people in our lives and taking others out of it. But the sure thing is that it continues to alter. No matter how hard you tried, you can never keep it the same for long. “Challenges” … Aye, it’s the processes you go through to change your life. Challenges may turn your life upside down, but let me tell you this. No matter how harsh they were, they are never meant to make your life miserable. Just because you have lost your job, your love, your home, or the happy life you used to have in general doesn’t mean that they were meant to be against you. “Challenges” … They always intend to teach you something, making you tougher, more responsible, and bringing the best out of you. You have to understand that without life challenges you would have never gone anywhere. You need life experience proceed in your life and face new obstacles. No matter what you lost in return, it’s the price you pay for a better “You”. “Past” … People tend to get attached to it in a way with all the good memories it holds. But, there is a reason why it’s called “Past”. People who choose to live in the past don’t realize that they are not living there present. They destroy their future while wasting the better chances they get just because their minds and souls are somewhere else or should I say “Sometime else”.  Yes, the past can hurt. But the way I see it, you can either run from it, or learn from it. And as they say, “Yesterday is history, tomorrow is mystery, but today is a gift”. Today is a gift! That’s why it’s called “Present”, isn’t it? Accept your gift and open it … experience the new challenge … breath the fresh air. It’s not a shame that you have good memories to remember. Never be sad because they ended, instead, smile because they happened. It’s a shame when you waste your time moaning for your golden past when, if you bothered looking around, you would realize that there’s a mine of diamonds just under your feet.

            


“Life” … It surely did teach me a lot. I can blindly say that whatever you lost, it’s going to be replaced by something even better. It’s not a coincidence or fate, but it’s the result of the better “You”. Yesterday, you were a teenager, still doing your trials in life, going through wrong choices, and taking advises from the elders. Today, you are the adult; you should be the one who knows what’s right and what’s wrong, what’s good and what’s better, and what you can accept and what you can’t. Don’t ever say “If I have a chance to go back and change no matter what, I would do so and so.” The only reason why you would want to do so is because you have already been through it and you know the consequences. You haven’t felt the sorrow and pain through your past for nothing. The point is to be able to counter and deal with similar situations … to be able to make the right choice this time. Judges at the court didn’t invent law! They judge based on similar older incidents. They were just passed to us through generations.



Finally, I just want you to keep trying life. There’s always something better out there, but you have to dig for it. If it was that easy, everyone would be a king, living the life he wants, in a blink of an eye, but that’s not the case. It’s that some people are better at grabbing chances than others, but it’d be even better if you were able to make your own fortune. I just wish you’d always enjoy your life and may it always be fruitful and full of joy.

© 2014 Mohamed Ahmed El-Behairy


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

82 Views
Added on June 4, 2014
Last Updated on June 4, 2014
Tags: #Life #Motivation #Past #Future