The late night dreamer

The late night dreamer

A Story by omaima

Laying in my bed, I was looking at the night sky from my window. It was dark, darker than black. No stars, no light. I took my eyes off that gloomy space. I stared at the wall, and he was looking back at me silently. I stand up, get closer to the window. The street was empty, I can barely see the road. I look at the sky all over again. There is no stars. No stars for this night. No shooting star for the tenth day in a row. I decided to go back to my bed. The wall was staring at me again. No shooting stars, no wishes for this night. Why are you staring at me ? I turned the light off and feel relaxed. The wall can not recognize me anymore. I checked my phone. Another five minutes passed but there is no shooting star.
Dark night ! Dark sky ! Dark room.
I close my eyes and hope to get some sleep. No, I don’t wanna sleep. Silence was so loud as well as my thoughts. I turned the light on, took a mirror and look at that face on it. It was her, that brunette girl. I faked a smile, and she smiled back. I laughed. What’s funny ! she said rudely. I let the mirror behind and take a deep breath… 
Breathing was hard, breathing was hot, breathing was dark.
I decided to play a game, me and myself. I take the phone, type slowly a nice « hello » and send it to my whole friendlist. I ‘ll wait for there answers while waiting for the sky to shine brither. Hello ! Missing you ! I was thinking about you ! Hello ! Hey ! Hello ! Where have you been ? you have disappeared ! Hey there ! Hello ! Hey ! How are you ? Hello ! Hey ! We have missed you..
Fake words, Fake virtual world, Fake people.
Same tone, Same sound, Same whistle.
I turn off the phone and look back at the sky. It looks brighter than my phone’s screen. 
All real, all wide, all clean.
You can not find the stars, but yet you can see the truth. The sky is maybe sleeping ! No sins ! No worries ! I close the curtain. No stars, no shooting star for this night said the wall gently. I smiled. He ignored me. I turned the light off. I lay my head on the pillow and close my eyes slowly. It has been a long day. 
For the tenth day in row, I see this guy. He is a little boy, I can not see his face. He is small, so small ! He is chasing the same butterfly but he can not catch it. Suddenly, he falls in a deep hole, and it’s getting deeper. I wake up terrified and so scared. I checked the phone. 
Good morning ! said the wall, You gonna look for a shooting star this night ? [O.G]

© 2019 omaima


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Featured Review

This is my first story I read and commenting on, I stopped by something I can say have 2 worlds one the world of hope and other world of satire. Even though your story is simple yet looks promising in a manner that it gives moral how this satirical world mocks on helplessness of an innocent and dreamy person. If I go on without symbolizing the true gist behind the story then you took an example of shooting star just to symbolize a person you wish to see again and then on contrary you feel disheartened getting no clue of his appearance. Great write simple plain yet with multitude of emotions. Nicely done :)

Posted 3 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.




Reviews

make me feel like im wishing up at a starry night sky

i liked this alot

Posted 2 Years Ago


This is my first story I read and commenting on, I stopped by something I can say have 2 worlds one the world of hope and other world of satire. Even though your story is simple yet looks promising in a manner that it gives moral how this satirical world mocks on helplessness of an innocent and dreamy person. If I go on without symbolizing the true gist behind the story then you took an example of shooting star just to symbolize a person you wish to see again and then on contrary you feel disheartened getting no clue of his appearance. Great write simple plain yet with multitude of emotions. Nicely done :)

Posted 3 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

75 Views
2 Reviews
Added on January 28, 2019
Last Updated on January 28, 2019
Tags: dream; sky; stars; dark;, mirror

Author

omaima
omaima

Rabat, Morocco



About
22 yo engineering student more..

Writing