The man without a face

The man without a face

A Story by Bryant
"

A baby that was born without a face.

"

         In Puerto Rico many years ago, people wasn't buried properly. They were buried 2-3 feet underground instead of the proper depth of 6 feet. Then one day a huge storm hit the island. Rain poured and poured and the land began to flood....


         Elisa was in her home getting dressed for bed. She was glazing at herself in the mirror admiring her beautiful blue nightgown. At the bottom was a pretty flower design; each flower looped around each other outstandingly. Her jet black curly hair flowed down her shoulders. She looked down at her bulged out stomach and smiled. "You have a beautiful mother" she said laughing. She then walked to the window to close the curtains and she noticed something very particular. A casket was flowing down the road very slowly. Astonished the women ran outside and to her surprise the casket was literally being dragged down the street by the current of the water.. Another casket came, and then another one. She looked up the street and noticed it was coming from the cemetery on the top of the hill; the very cemetery her mother was buried in. "Oh no mom!" she said in shock. She ran into the flooded streets and fought the current all the way to the top of the street. By then her blue nightgown was stained with brown mud water. Elisa climbed up the hill to the cemetery, sliding and staggering all the way. When she reached the cemetery she ran to her mothers tomb. But there was noting left. Just a hole in the ground. Elisa then turned around, not being able to bear the sight of the empty hole any longer, and doing so caused her to hit a skull with her foot. All of the sudden she heard her mothers voice " Oh daughter of mine, please don't kick me..." Elisa freaked out. She instantly became really sick and dizzy. She then fell to the floor and passed out.


         Elisa then went crazy. Everybody who seen her could tell the she officially went insane. But the day came where it was time to give birth to her baby. A priest was told to attend the birth and protect the room so the mother didn't do anything out of line.


           " Just one more push Elisa! " the nurse said as she had the baby in her grasp. Finally the baby was out. As the nurse picked up the baby she screamed in horror. " What is it? " Elisa said in a panic. The priest ran over to see the baby, and he almost fell to the floor with shock. " Elisa somebody has cursed you! Who have you angered?? " he said in disturbed manner. " Let me see! " she said impatiently. " Don't look at your son ma'am. " the nurse said pleading with her. " It is my baby, let me see it now! " she screamed. The nurse showed the baby to her mother. " OH MY GOODNESS! THAT BABY HAS NO FACE! " she screamed. Elisa was in such horror she had a heart attack and died.


         The nurse who helped with the birth of the baby decided she wanted to keep it. The kid grew up, but was never in a stable area. Him and the nurse was constantly moving because of issues the kid was having. The kid always wore a royal blue mask to cover his face. Nobody ever seen his face until one day when him and the nurse went to a friends home to eat. The home of mama Minga. ( my great grandma )


          " Please please come in! " Minga said as she opened the door. " Come to the table, were about to eat! " The boy and the nursed sat down around the table with mama Minga and her brother, Pepito. Pepito had never seen the boy before and was very curious about his mask. " I wonder what he is hiding.. " he thought to himself. Everybody began to eat and the boy put his head forward just enough so nobody could see his mouth while he eats. Pepito became more and more curious. Finally he broke. He lifted the boys mask and immediately got spat in the face. The boy spitted in Pepito's eye temporary blinding him. " The boy has no face, just the muscle. From his eyes down was no skin. " Pepito said while he held his eye. The boy in anger ran out of the house and jumped onto a horse that he arrived on and fled.


           The boy rode his horse all the way to the edge of the island. He rode the horse off the island, into the ocean ultimately killing himself.

© 2013 Bryant


Author's Note

Bryant
This is a old tale that was told to me by my family. The Man without the face was named Monchine. He was a friend of the family.

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

158 Views
Added on November 17, 2013
Last Updated on November 17, 2013
Tags: man, without, a, face, short, story, legends, of, the, island, puerto, rico

Author

Bryant
Bryant

About
I am a writer hoping that I would get feedback about my work before I decide if I would like to publish a book or not. (: more..