3 mistakes and you're out

3 mistakes and you're out

A Story by maddiegrace
"

normal night out turns into life changing occurrence

"

3 mistakes and you’re out

My eyes were clouded. I blinked several times in an attempt to remove the grime from my vision. My eyes were dry and it took multiple blinks to clear everything up. That’s the aftermath of sleeping with contacts in. Having no idea where I was, I yawned and sat up with caution. My head felt like a hundred pounds and my body was rigid. The first thing I noticed about the strange room was the light blue lamp in the corner. It was flickering on and off like some sort of dance. On for 5 seconds, and then off for 5 more. The lamp shade was light blue with and even lighter blue color for the seams. The post was an off white, eggshell with 3 flowers embroidered into it. It was a desk lamp, yet it stood on the floor. There was no carpet, no furniture, no people in that room. The door was red, almost black, but red nonetheless. The brass door knob was hanging off and the door was open just enough to illuminate the small room in which I sat. 

  I started to stand and I noticed my hair had been pulled back into a French Braid. Curiosity filled me, I don’t know how to French Braid. My tattered jeans and loose T-shirt hung on my body like an attention seeking child. I realized then that I was soaked. I made my way to the door to realizing I knew exactly where I was and exactly how I got there. The blue lamps 5th or 6th dance had motioned the memories back into my head almost like a dance itself. All this happened last night. 

  It was 10 P.M. on a Saturday night. As a 21 year old college girl it was the perfect time to go out. I got ready and left my apartment with my 2 friends. We made our way to the club on 54th and sat at the bar, knowing soon enough attention was on its way. As our Coke and Rums became half empty, a fruity drink was placed in front of me. I looked up and the bartended motioned towards the guy with the backwards baseball cap across the room. I raised my eyebrows towards him and his friends giving him the okay to come over. I have accepted the offer. 

1st Mistake.

 He was tall. 6�™4 at the shortest, with broad shoulders and tan skin. His blonde hair was swept to the side of his head and his eyes never seemed to leave mine. His name was Conner, and he had 2 little sisters. He knew how to braid hair and, eagerly, he braided mine. He said his campus was 20 minutes from mine, but failed to mention the name of it. Too caught up, I failed to ask. 

2nd Mistake.

 He was funny. His friends hit it off with mine. Everything was fine. The music got louder, bodies moved closer, drinks were downed, and heads were spinning for all the wrong reasons. He leaned closer to me and put his chin on the left side of my face whispering in my ear.

  “I can barely hear myself think. I wanna keep,, talking to you. Do you think we could go someplace quite?” 

 Infatuated, I nodded eagerly. Taking my hand and taking the Jack from behind the bar he led me to the back room. 

3rd Mistake.

 It was dark, but all I remember is telling him to turn the strobe light off. 

 Next thing I remember is his hands all over me. Laughing, I playfully shoved them off. 

Then I’m on the floor. The next events happened in flashes. 

 Light on, clothes off, light off, hand over mouth, light on, I’m looking into the maze of grey that was his eyes, light off, strangled screams light up the room.

 He was done. 

 Zippers being pulled, dark, Jack Daniels being opened, dark, gazing at me, dark, contents of bottle being poured on my clothes piled by my naked legs, dark, broad shoulders facing me, dark, hand reaching for the door, dark. 

 I blinked multiple times then, trying to clear everything up, but that’s the aftermath of 3 mistakes in one night. 

© 2016 maddiegrace


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

127 Views
Added on February 22, 2016
Last Updated on February 22, 2016
Tags: rape, assault, mistakes, character

Author

maddiegrace
maddiegrace

About
https://www.tumblr.com/blog/catastrophiccreations10 https://www.blogger.com/blogger.g?blogID=484834210 9114320886#overview/src=dashboard other blogs more..

Writing