to the rejected

to the rejected

A Story by M

There comes a time in your life when you realize that, no matter how hard you try, you can’t make someone like you. I know that you try to make everyone feel happy and loved, but some people don’t have the same heart as you. I know you want someone to treat you the way you seem to treat everyone else, but you are worth so much more than someone who doesn’t do that. Rejection is a scary thing that nobody wants to feel, but you have to understand that it is not your fault. You could be the best person on Earth and there will still be someone who doesn’t like you. I’m here to reassure you that your worth is not defined by someone else’s inability to see how amazing you are. Rejection has been a reoccurring emotion in my life, so much to the point where I was drowning in it. I let everyone else’s opinion of me define who I was. The boy I was in love with walked all over me. He cheated and lied and made me believe that I deserved it. My family fell apart piece by piece. The constant yelling made me believe that it was my fault. In the end, I saw myself as nothing but a waste of space who nobody wanted. It wasn’t until a few months ago when I realized what I am trying to tell you today. Someone, someday, will treat me with a respect and love I can’t even imagine. So while you think you have nothing right now, remember that better things are coming. You are loved, and you are wanted. Someone else’s opinion of you does not determine your worth. You are you, not what someone else thinks of you. I know it’s hard, but please don’t forget that.

© 2016 M


Author's Note

M
you are worth more than gold! i'm always here to talk.

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Featured Review

Lovely poem, it really hit home for me and I'm sure for a lot of other people as well. As a human being everyone wants to be liked and loved by everyone but most of the time that's not always the case and that really beats us down...far down. I feel everyone can relate to these words at least once in their life, I know I did. You should keep writing about personal feelings you have, I think it could really help a lot of writers and readers out there. Never stop writing!

Posted 8 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

M

8 Years Ago

thank you sooooo much i really appreciate it!



Reviews

Lovely poem, it really hit home for me and I'm sure for a lot of other people as well. As a human being everyone wants to be liked and loved by everyone but most of the time that's not always the case and that really beats us down...far down. I feel everyone can relate to these words at least once in their life, I know I did. You should keep writing about personal feelings you have, I think it could really help a lot of writers and readers out there. Never stop writing!

Posted 8 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

M

8 Years Ago

thank you sooooo much i really appreciate it!
Very deep feelings you show there I know it comes from deep within you so much sadness and pain flow through out your poem what was lost can be found again I know you will. :)Larry

Posted 8 Years Ago


M

8 Years Ago

thank you so much!

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

282 Views
2 Reviews
Added on April 16, 2016
Last Updated on April 16, 2016

Author

M
M

Roanoke, VA



Writing
sequel sequel

A Poem by M