Translucency

Translucency

A Story by mmaggio
"

Isn't it odd that you are the center of your own universe?

"

Isn’t it weird to think about how others have no idea what you’re thinking about unless you tell them? You could stand next to someone, live with someone, lay right next to someone; you have no idea what’s happening in his or her mind. We try so hard to understand that which is unsaid, but it is always laced with ambiguity until it is explicitly explained. 

This concept gets ever more overwhelming when you think about how you could be in somewhere crowded, ride on a train or a bus, and everybody in the space with you has an entire life story behind their eyes. When viewed as your own personal narrative, they’re simply fillers of space; nobody holds relevance to your story except for the body they take shape of in the corner of your eye. Contradictory to this, you’re nothing but an accessory to the environment to them in the same way. So even though they mean nothing to you, they hold no story you are aware of, even if you just pass them and accidentally just brush shoulders with them… there is an entire world that is centric to them and them alone that you are unaware of. You are completely unaware of them, and them of you, yet your paths cross for that split second and all of a sudden you’re added to the story you’ll never know. A story you’ll never read, a story you’ll never be able to see your role in. Someone could see you as the reason they get up every day while you barely notice them in your everyday life. 


Everybody has a story that we will never understand or be a part of, all as they exist within such close proximity that you could feel their breath bellow around the hairs of your neck. Is that not such an odd thing to try to wrap your head around?

© 2015 mmaggio


Author's Note

mmaggio
what're you guys' thoughts on the concept?

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

146 Views
Added on October 15, 2015
Last Updated on October 15, 2015
Tags: life, death, existence, minds, thoughts, mind reading, transparency, thinking