Addiction

Addiction

A Poem by Mads
"

What is the most dangerous drug? Love.

"
I've found that your love tastes better than alcohol. Your kiss is the sweetest thing that has ever touched my lips. An embrace from you is more comforting than a bottle in my hand. Your words are more effective in taking away the pain than any drug in existence. No matter what happens I always come back to you. No matter how many times I try to stop letting myself be fanatic and obsessed...
It doesn't matter. I cannot be weaned off of you, I cannot be taken away. Give a man heroine, and he's addicted from the moment it's in his system. The buzz and high will make him feel like he's transcendent, boundless, and infinite. Give me you and it's the exact same thing. You give me the most indomitable high I have ever felt, but you also bring the lowest crash in all of existence. I become destroyed with every hit, swig, and drag I take of you. Yet, it only makes me crave you even more. I can't get enough. You are my drug. 
I am indisputably and recklessly addicted to you

© 2017 Mads


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

This is a nice revival of a general cliche theme. It's done very nicely, and brings nuance as well. Great job!

Posted 6 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

100 Views
1 Review
Rating
Added on August 29, 2017
Last Updated on August 29, 2017
Tags: love, dangerous, drug, addict

Author

Mads
Mads

Oxford, OH



About
Writing lets me show the world a little bit of my soul. more..

Writing