Voices Unleashed (DUE IN 2 DAYS)

Voices Unleashed (DUE IN 2 DAYS)

A Story by madi
"

This is an essay for a short exchange program to Japan. Feel free to critique.

"
Voices Unleashed: Perjuangan-ku

My voice could wake up a hibernating bear, or so they say. This odd compliment reveals the incredible potential in the voices of our youth. Yet these voices are often overshadowed by the noise of the world around us. But I have a clear mission: to amplify the voices of the unheard.

Claiming victory in a speech competition among older contestants astonished me. The power of my words became evident as they resonated with the spellbound audience. At that moment, a light bulb flickered to life. As the warm ray cast upon me, I realized the boundless opportunities awaiting me beyond my comfort zone. Bursting with excitement, I felt the need to run around naked, shouting "Eureka!".

But it doesn't end there. The immersive world of manga taught me compelling life lessons, “Skip and Loafer” being one of them. The story follows a quirky country girl, Mitsumi, who moves to Tokyo. Mitsumi's journey mirrored my own, teaching me the value of perseverance, determination, and kinship.

Embracing this belief, I ventured beyond the classroom and took on the role of student council president. Being an architect of collaboration, I forged bridges between our school and the aspirations of the community.

Participating in various contests and olympiads exposed me to both triumphs and failures. Through it all, I learned that true victory isn’t about the outcome; it’s about dedication and the wisdom gained through the process.

Now, an extraordinary dream awaits�"a chance to travel with SFL to Japan, where Mitsumi found lifelong friends. This opportunity will enhance my cultural competence, global awareness, and critical thinking.

SFL embodies the spirit of empowering youth potential, offering a beacon of opportunity to those who dream to reach the sky. Age should never limit capability, as each life experience is unique.

In a world that often dismisses our voices, my voice will unleash a better tomorrow, creating a platform that empowers young minds who dream without bounds.

© 2023 madi


Author's Note

madi
This is the grading criteria:
Reason to go on the trip: 55% of the total grade
Self-motivation of applicant: 10% of the total grade
Learning from life value: 30% of the total grade
Writing: 5% of the total grade
Word count: 300 words max. Title and name included

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

31 Views
Added on August 2, 2023
Last Updated on August 2, 2023
Tags: Essay, School, Exchange Program

Author

madi
madi

Jakarta, Jakarta, Indonesia



About
Youngin. Critique the crap out of my work please, it would help A LOT. I don't know what i'm doing most the time. more..