Making Snow

Making Snow

A Story by Galldora King

"Papa its not snowing!".

 

"Really?"

 

"Yes Papa. Its not snowing."

 

"Well then...lets make snow. How about it?"

 

"Make snow? How?"

 

"Well first we go outside. Then we..."

 

"Make Snow!"

 

"Yes of course. But not until you go help mama with laundry and cooking".

 

"But I dont know how to cook."

 

"Of course you dont. But atleast help".

 

"Okay Papa".

 

She worked in the kitchen with her Mama until all the work was done. Then she came back to her beloved Papa.

 

"Papa Im back".

 

"Yes you are dear. Now get dressed and head outside. Ill be waiting..."

 

And off she went running, but not before laying a soft kiss upon her Papa's golden cheek.

 

She opened the door. Covered in little fuzzy clothes fit for a angel, she jumped upon her Papas back.

 

"Woah little one. Why so impatient? Here sit. Papas going to show you how to make snow."

 

She laughed cheerfully. And let go of her clinging grip.

 

"Papa, how are you going to make snow".

 

"Yes yes you are getting impatient. Papa told you he would show you. And not me. We are going to make snow."

 

"Papa?"

 

"Yes little one."

 

"Papa, I like it when your not being mean to Mama. I like it when you play with me instead of your stupid compooter."

 

"Oh child. I like it too. Now lets get started. First..."

 

And on and on he went. He took white construction paper and started cutting it into mini paper snowflakes. Then he stopped, letting the Little One do the work. She smiled and smiled. Laughed and ran. All while cutting her snowflakes into perfect little snow.

 

"Little one?'

 

"Yes?''

 

"Im going to head out and check the mail. You stay here okay."

 

"But Papa I wanna come with you!"

 

"You do dont you? Well you can check it tommorow. Ill come with you. Then we can go to the park. But stay here and dont follow me."

 

"Really? Okay I will. And I promise. I wont move. Not even a inch"

 

Little one saw her Papa walk away and she waited for her beloved Papa to come back. It was getting cold. Mama had appeared on the door step.

 

"Hey. What are you doing here Princess".

 

"Waiting for Papa. He went to go check the mail."

 

"Really? Well how long has it been."

 

"Umm...I dont know mama. Its been long though. Im done with all my snow."

 

"You stay here okay dont move. Im gonna go check on Papa".

 

"Uhh not again".

 

Mama smiled and ruffled Princess's hair. "Hold on Ill be back."

 

A gut wrenching scream, that still rings in her ears, sounded. And the little one turned toward the mail box that was hidden by a huge oak.

 

She wanted to stay. To obey what her beloved parents had told her. And yet she didnt. She ran to the mail box and saw her dad laying on the brown grass with her mother sobbing into his chest. Her mother looked up and saw Little One and cried harder than ever.

 

Princess ran to her mother and sat next to her. Without knowing it, her cheeks where dotted with tears.

 

"Ma...Mama what. What happened?"

 

Mama took Little Ones hand and embraced her. Just then a single snowflake fell on her lap. Togather they they sat by the motionless body.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

© 2010 Galldora King


Advertise Here
Want to advertise here? Get started for as little as $5

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

[send message][befriend] Subscribe
Tim
Wow, that was deep Galldora. You really got me with the snowflake falling on her lap. Excellent story.

Posted 14 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

107 Views
1 Review
Rating
Added on January 9, 2010
Last Updated on October 16, 2010

Author

Galldora King
Galldora King

About
I love reading books.I also write stories but never get to finish them. more..

Writing