Don't Let Me Go

Don't Let Me Go

A Story by MaKaylee Power
"

He finally said he loved her again. Or at least she thought he did.

"

He reached out his strong and muscular hand to me and lifted my skinny and fragile fingers. Slowly he said, "I never stopped loving you, I just needed to let you go because I felt I was holding you back from a better guy."

My eyes filled with tears, ready to fall any second as I thought of what I had longed to say back for so long. I imagined this moment in my head over and over again, but I never thought it would actually happen..

Slowly, I lifted my head and looked into those wonderous brown eyes of his, and replied "I love you. I'm never going to love anyone but you. I don't want another guy, I just want you.

I seen his smile forming at the corners of his lips, as my tears started to roll down my cheek. He pulled me close into a tight, loving hug. I breathed in, and smelt his body for the first time in so long. I could hear his heart pounding against his chest.

"I will never let you go again, okay? I promise." he whispered softly into my ear.

Then as he was just leaning in about to kiss my forehead, I heard a noise. A ringing.

Just than, I woke up.

I realized none of this had really happened and i started sobbing uncontrollably.

And what I realized that morning, is something I will never forget. 'A dream is a wish made by the heart.' And this dream hurt me more than anything, to know it was just a wish..

© 2017 MaKaylee Power


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

98 Views
Added on January 15, 2017
Last Updated on January 15, 2017

Author

MaKaylee Power
MaKaylee Power

About
Messy mind, messy heart, messy life.. more..

Writing