Does it?

Does it?

A Poem by Sam Mallia

Does it?

 

 

Does it feel good when you pick away at pieces of my heart and throw them away like a flower pedal?

Do you feel satisfied when you push me over again in the middle of helping me back up?

Does it feel powerful when you stand over me as I am on the floor begging for you to understand.

Do you feel better when you team up with my depression and start a force against me?

Tell me.

How does it feel to know you hold the key to my happiness and still make the conscious decision to break my heart time and time again?

You knew my heart was as fragile as glass, one drop and it’s split into a million pieces.

You knew my mind was like the night sky, some days you can see the stars and others the shadows consume you.

Yet you chose to stay and become intertwined as one. Now you are slowly untangling yourself and making me sew back the pieces of you that you are ripping away.

Does that make you happy? Am I meant to throw a parade in your honour to celebrate the damage you are causing.

It is a slow and torturous show and we’re the main characters. I am watching us fall apart and seeing you fade away, yet every time I try to leave for you, you stop me.

 

Does that make sense to you?

 

Does it?

© 2017 Sam Mallia


Author's Note

Sam Mallia
Please ignore grammar errors.

My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

93 Views
Added on September 5, 2017
Last Updated on September 5, 2017

Author

Sam Mallia
Sam Mallia

Pickering, Canada



Writing