The Present

The Present

A Story by malsh
"

another side of the story, which has not been considered

"
Another day with monotonous routine. Edward was pass through the aisles of a random house. He saw broken glass on the floor adjacent to empty dark rooms with his companion, The Wind.
 Edward came across a big weak abandoned old wooden house, which reminded him of himself. He pondered over the thought for a while and entered. ”Folks must be in a hurry or somebody might have ransacked the place” Edward made an observation. Upside down furniture, broken window glass, and indefinitely opened chiffonier appeared to him as his brain ‘chaos was on display.
He saw a girl, mediocre loud and untidy. He wants to say hi to her but doesn’t want to scare her, as ghosts tend to, so he, the ghost, just observed her from a distance.
The girl was in hurry and was trying to fill something slimy in the amber bottle. On seeing her struggling, he tried to help. The girl spilled the slimy liquid on the floor as wind around her shifted. Edward cleaned the liquid split on the floor, he doesn’t want her to fall. The slimy liquid was oil to make light in dark. As liquid disappeared in front of her eye she got scared and ran toward the exit with haste and trip on the floor. Edward wanted to calm her down. He tried writing on the floor, as communication between them doesn’t seem possible in any other way to him.
He doesn’t seem to decide to write in English or in French and realized how much time had been passed since he died. Unable to control his metaphysical body and the physical object he wrote ‘H’…’E’…’L’…’P’ and The girl, who was watching in fear as alphabets appeared on the floor, now became horrified and start screaming. She kept shouting while looking for an exit. On seeing panicked girl Edward went further into the house and found a shiny broken lamp lying in one of the devastated rooms. He picked it up, with a smile and hope he would have a new friend today other than the moody wind. Edward looked at the lamp and it was lava lamp. “What a shame! It must have been the prettiest object in-house” Edward picked the lamp searched the girl on every floor. He got angry on not able find her and threw the lamp on the floor. The floor was weak in his spirit and his strength. It crumbled under the weight of the lamp.
Edward heard a scream from below, It belonged to that girl he was looking for. He peered below from new hole in the floor and saw the girl was laying on the floor below and Edward stood there motionless as she becomes a carcass. “She is dead! And I killed her” Edward wailed loudly and repeat the sentence again and again with guilt. Wind, his companion, hugged him for comfort.
 The shiny lamp which he wants to give her as Present is now present in her cranium.

© 2018 malsh


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

26 Views
Added on December 4, 2018
Last Updated on December 4, 2018
Tags: thriller

Author

malsh
malsh

Delhi, delhi, India