2:37am

2:37am

A Poem by UmYeahSo
"

Rambling because I can't sleep

"
There are a million and one things running through my head and absolutely nothing makes sense. This is the hour of the dreamer. The hour of “what if" and painting blank ceilings with a world of color. When the night creeps in, but the mind is still running, thinking of the day, the days to come, and the days that will never come.

Somewhere along the road, I thought of life, what it all means, what anything really is, and naturally, I began to panic. You see, the human brain can only fathom so much. Before it simply cannot. Those moments, when the unimaginable takes on matter, those moments are for this hour. When heavy thoughts and ideas sit on your chest until you cannot breathe and you have to tell yourself it's okay, Snap out of it, before you f*****g implode.

And it all stops and begins again. Until finally, the Sandman swallows you up and suddenly, the sun is shining and it is time to face another day. Until the night comes. To continues a conversation that lasts an eternity.

© 2015 UmYeahSo


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

177 Views
Added on June 9, 2015
Last Updated on June 9, 2015
Tags: poem, poetry, sleep, dream, deep

Author

UmYeahSo
UmYeahSo

Chicago, IL



About
Student. I like to put all of the crazy dreams and thoughts down on paper, or type, or .... Yeah you know what I mean. more..

Writing
untitled untitled

A Story by UmYeahSo


dialogue dialogue

A Poem by UmYeahSo


sorry sorry

A Poem by UmYeahSo