Dark Rose

Dark Rose

A Story by manna
"

Rose isn't the same

"

Dark Rose

"And then," she said. "He took me to this place that was sorta like a club. The people there were real freaks, but it was still fun. Then we....well you know what I'm talking about."

"No, Rose, I don't." She rolled her eyes.

"You are so innocent. We did party stuff," she winked. My hand flew to my mouth. Rose laughed in a way I've never heard before. I wanted to scream Who are you? The Rose I know would never go to a club, and give herself away to a guy who she'd only been dating for a few days. This Rose was different. Her black hair that was normally pulled up into a pony tail was hanging down, covering her face and neck. It made her look mysterious. Her skin was two tones paler than normal and she had dark rings under her eyes. It was like all the happines and goodness was sucked out of her. I set my coffee cup down on the table in front of me. Although I didn't like the new Rose, she was still my best friend and I wanted to support her.

"What else?" I pretended like I was eager for juicy details. She leaned in very close, her icy breath giving me goosebumps.

"He gave me this," she wispered in my ear as she pulled her curtain of hair away from her neck. There were two bite wounds. They were red and raw. Around the bite marks was a swirling tattoo. It spun in circles that kept to the beat with her pulse.

"The tattoo came after he did these," she motioned to the bites. "It's also gotten bigger. Isn't it cool?" I backed away.

"Where are you going?" she inched twoards me. "I forgot to tell you about the best part," she pounced on me and pinned me down. I struggled to get free, but she was too strong.

"I don't like normal food anymore," her finger traced the vain in my neck. She looked at my terrified face and smiled, revealing a large set of fangs. I started to scream but she covered my mouth.

"Shhh. It's not going to hurt...much." I felt a stab of pain. My memories, my feelings, my life, my blood, were taken away by the Dark Rose.

 

© 2011 manna


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

177 Views
Added on August 14, 2011
Last Updated on August 14, 2011

Author

manna
manna

Writing
My gift My gift

A Story by manna