A non philosophical treaty about desire.

A non philosophical treaty about desire.

A Story by Anormaldog
"

My take on a Cloud Atlas type butterfly effect situation

"

Statistics have proven 3 fundamental truths about the human spirit:

·         It is different in every person

·         It is connected to another spirit or spirits space/ time not being barriers

·         It always attracts spirits of the same nature

What I will prove to you today is the following: That all three are true and I will add another one just for the fun of it: that the universe in its algebraic reasoning makes decisions that involve us.

I will start with a man named Rodrigo Sanchez who lived in the 17 hundreds. He was a not very successful merchant of wool in his native region. Rodrigo had seen a girl named Amalia which he tried to marry but unfortunately she died of tuberculosis at a young age. Rodrigo ended up badly himself suffering a heart attack wishing only to have lived a different life.

50 years later, at the end of the 18th century in Russia, a peasant called Yuri was enjoying life when the reign of queen Catherine the great sent him to war. They found a letter in his coat that wrote:” Ya lyublyu tebya”. They never found who it was supposed to be sent, but historical sources say that a girl named Nadia rebelled in the same period against her parents and went to live in a monastery for the rest of her life.

During Napoleon’s campaign in Russia, one of his soldiers recruited from the Prussian states was being treated from an unknown disease. They say they found him after he deserted and went to cry on a deserted building, the local Cossacks whispering about a former monastery that was torn down years ago. The soldier never did understand why he was attracted to that building, dying on Napoleon’s retreat.

The late 19th century saw another strange case. A woman in the newly founded state of Americas was trying to break up a man who had a woman of his own. Her insistence was not understood by the man, yet when he asked, she simply told him that she feels it couldn’t be any other way. He rejected her and after she resorted to witchcraft, they trialed her and she was burned to the stake. The man died of a heart attack shortly after her death.

These strange events continue to happen when in 1910 a young officer named Belford in the British royal navy meet a native South American girl that couldn’t speak or see, she could just touch. Everybody avoided her because she was a leper; this horrible disease that cripples individuals maimed her body. He couldn’t help but go after her. It was not an ordeal for him because he moved in a village with her alongside other lepers. What’s fascinating is that he didn’t get the disease from her, but was shot when a local farmer thought he was stealing from the crops. The fate of the girl is unknown.

 

 

The coincidences continued when during the inter war period a young man and girl were travelling by train alongside the coast of Italy. Sources say that a fight broke up between them in which the man accused the woman of dying and leaving him alone while the woman said to him that he was a b*****d for not giving up on what he had for her. The arguments continued to not make sense; she was saying to him that even if she didn’t have eyes, she could tell he was a good man while he replied with you’re as stubborn as a witch. Tragedy didn’t follow this one time encounter, their lives being hurled in the tumbler of the second world war.

And here’s one more for the road, if things were not clear already. In Cuba when the world was close to a nuclear disaster a young latino dancer was trying to impress a local student of arts. He looked coldly at her moves and he told her to sit down:

“I’ve had a strange feeling towards you miss, ever since you started showing me those moves. Have we met before?

“I don’t think so, although I have the same feeling. And yet something about you attracts me“

“The feeling is mutual, although I would marry you in this instance”

“You would?”

“I probably would” they both laughed their hearts off.

“And what are we going to do now?”

“Let’s go to a church nearby we can do it fast”

“I can’t”

“Why?”

 She showed him her ring and he also saw marks on her shoulder.

“I’m married, I have 2 kids and it’s too late for me, go find somebody else.”

“Leave him, come with me, bring your kids along”

“You’re crazy I will not leave my man for you.”  She thought about it and then with a wicked smile:” But here’s what I’m going to do, in the next life come look for me and I will be yours”

“How will I know it’s you?”

She laughed some more got on her knees and said:

“Please God in my next life make me brunette with a big a*s, big breasts and when I see this man make me ask him if he wants to take the train with me”

What happened with her prophecy is up to the stars to decide but when 2 souls that are linked find a common path, time and space will not matter anymore.

It is always debatable what will happen to us humans yet some wishes can come true if fate wants it.

© 2017 Anormaldog


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

65 Views
Added on July 24, 2016
Last Updated on June 19, 2017
Tags: time, time travel, love