One eye Descent

One eye Descent

A Story by Anormaldog
"

The story of one eye Descent. A man seeking revenge of a special kind.

"
In the quiet of that evening you could only hear 2 crickets. Their calls were vibrating the tracks, resonating with the scattered spider webs.
All other bugs and people were asleep except the moths. Drawn to a lamp they danced into its glass like comets in descent.

A couple approached the lamp so they could see each other. Their eyes were wet and glued to one another like teeth that grow astray. Many tears were shed until she waved goodbye.

Voices could be heard in this suburban theatre and then silence. He remained there looking at her tracks, out of breath, his world spinning. Blood slowly flowed from his temple trickling in a stream. Hungry as they may be, no bugs touched the warm body.

The crickets churned a Hallelujah for the man while a spider stopped its feast to pay homage.
Darkness here was flint. Life was born in it. It grew on scattered rocks and then it was molded by someone willing to take It.

Just like his life that grew on nothing, so did this station have a life of its own. It was a point of crossing in the region. Would be travellers seeked it out during the night.

One of them went missing, but there was no one to report It. He was running towards the lamp when he saw someone leaning on the post.

'Hey there traveller, the man called out.
'Who are you? What do you want?
'This station is a special place. I protect it by making sure only men of God pass. Are you a man of God?
'Eeem no, but I have a cross.
'Show it to me
'Sure, here it is. It's not of value.
'It is to me said the man slashing the travellers throat with a short blade. Blood rushed and soon it was all over.

He leaned over the body, took the cross and then started dragging the body in the undergrowth. A song could be heard that night together with the chirping of the crickets:

"One eye, they say can bluff
Cause he's feeble, week and scruff
One eye, can never fight
In the day or in the night
But it matters not
With a cross you will get caught
And then in sight of light
I will spit my throat tonight'.



© 2017 Anormaldog


Author's Note

Anormaldog
I could turn It to a multi-part story If you guys like the style.

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

nicely done with imagery and plot.
enjoyable to read

Posted 6 Years Ago


Creative no doubt, "while a spider stopped its feast to pay homage" I enjoyed that line. You could throw it in to a couple parts if you wanted. I'll read the next one. Just throw me a message. Thanks for sharing!

Posted 6 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

242 Views
2 Reviews
Rating
Added on June 30, 2017
Last Updated on June 30, 2017
Tags: Description, adventure, darkness, crickets, station


Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


The Little Boy The Little Boy

A Poem by Uma


Nameless Nameless

A Poem by Brittany


My Fairytale My Fairytale

A Poem by Angel