Spyte

Spyte

A Story by Jagger Ryan
"

A boy. A boy who's life was a living hell. A boy who had all the bad luck someone could have. A boy who's gone through traumatic experiences. A boy who was never good enough. But a boy changed that.

"
Chapter one: A boy
I know what it's like to see so many bad things happen in life, but we can't mourn over other people. We can't stop trying. We can't give up. I will take you through my story of what I had to go through

Sitinder, 19
My name's Spyte. It means shadow where I come from. People tend to think of me as some assassin or thief. Always playing around with me. I honestly didn't mind. However, that name gave me some bad luck in my early days. Or at least that's what I still think.
 But anyway, My father was a good man. He was probably the most hard working person in Din Side. He taught me how to say please and thank you and to treat others the way you want to be treated. It was all of that stuff I was told in my school.
 Technology wasn't much of a thing where we came from. Everything was usually just made out of wood that we gathered from our nearest forest. We used fire as a heat source but we burned in the Summer. We would needed to ask this company if we can use some of their wizards to freeze our house a little bit. It costed a lot of money but it was worth it. Usually some people tend to die in this heat. I'm just glad we had some money to get through it.
 My mother died while she gave birth to me. My father used to always tell me how kind of a person she was, but every time he goes through that conversation I always felt guilty. He used to tell me it wasn't my fault but it was very uncommon and was looked at as disgraceful in my city. I wasn't able to make many friends because of that, and the king of the city actually thought about putting me to death for murder. My father had to beg to keep me alive and I feel bad for that too.
Not to mention guards gave me bad looks, and I was usually looked at as a bad luck charm since I gave much bad luck to the city. Whenever a famine happens, people point their fingers at me. Whenever someone dies in our city, people point their fingers at me. Whenever someone gets sick, Everyone points their fingers at me.
I'm not looked at as a good person as you can see but my father still loves me very deeply. 
Marzite 9 was the day when this all changed

© 2016 Jagger Ryan


Author's Note

Jagger Ryan
This is my first ever story writing. There is no dialogue since it is the prologue. Please ignore most of the grammar. If you have any tips, I'm always open for criticism.

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Featured Review

[send message][befriend] Subscribe
p
Hi there, welcome to writer's café. The first thing I'd like to say is that if you're going to keep writing this, you can change it to a book, rather than a story so that all the chapters will be organized under one place.

Second is that you've done great at setting up your first chapter. It's a bit shorter than I would have made it, but all the same it has far better punctuation and grammar than you give yourself credit for in your account description.

Third, I would advise you to clarify in your author's note whether it's a prologue or the first chapter.

Fourth, I would have spent some time expanding on what kind of place this city is. A good amount of a fantasy story is in the setting after all

and finally, I would like to say that I'd love to see what you do next.

Posted 7 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Jagger Ryan

7 Years Ago

Thank you for the good advice. I'm new to this website. I'll make sure to expand the description of .. read more



Reviews

[send message][befriend] Subscribe
p
Hi there, welcome to writer's café. The first thing I'd like to say is that if you're going to keep writing this, you can change it to a book, rather than a story so that all the chapters will be organized under one place.

Second is that you've done great at setting up your first chapter. It's a bit shorter than I would have made it, but all the same it has far better punctuation and grammar than you give yourself credit for in your account description.

Third, I would advise you to clarify in your author's note whether it's a prologue or the first chapter.

Fourth, I would have spent some time expanding on what kind of place this city is. A good amount of a fantasy story is in the setting after all

and finally, I would like to say that I'd love to see what you do next.

Posted 7 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Jagger Ryan

7 Years Ago

Thank you for the good advice. I'm new to this website. I'll make sure to expand the description of .. read more

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

70 Views
1 Review
Rating
Added on July 18, 2016
Last Updated on July 18, 2016
Tags: A boy, fantasy, amazing, story, Adventure.

Author

Jagger Ryan
Jagger Ryan

Philadelphia, PA



About
I'm only 13. I'm a boy, and I love to right about fantasy adventure books. I do this just as a past time, but could hopefully make it full time soon. Anyway, hope you enjoy my stories. Plus. My gramma.. more..