The Artistic Man

The Artistic Man

A Story by marcus lopez
"

Just a story about a man. Read the whole thing.

"
He woke up everyday and did the same thing every morning. He walked into the bathroom, s**t, showered, shaved, brushed his teeth and brushed his hair exactly 550 times front to back. Then, he would just stand there and look at himself in the mirror, and that's all, for five minutes, he wouldn't move, he would barely blink, he would just stand there in his bathroom, not wearing a thing, just looking at his reflection. He would always get dressed wearing whatever he had planned to wear that day, no matter what the weather was like. He did this because at the end of every month he would plan out what he would wear everyday for the next month. He's done this the majority of his life and he's never once worn anything different than what was on his schedule, not ever. After this he would put on his casual shoes and leave his home. He would then get breakfast (from the same place he got it from everyday) before going to visit his mother and father, both of whom lived in separate nursing homes. After visiting his parents he would return to his home and prepare his lunch, a sandwich with two pieces of slightly toasted potato bread, two pieces of deli style turkey meat, one ring finger and just enough mayonnaise to cover the top piece of bread. This is what he made everyday for lunch and has never once eaten anything else for lunch in his entire life, although over the last five years he's begun to add an extra topping to his sandwich. Then, after eating lunch he takes a three hour nap so he's rested for work. Work for which he gets dressed at the same time wearing the same thing everyday: at seven o'clock he would put on his black shirt, black pants and black sneakers. He would then leave his home for work at eight o'clock and arrive at eight-thirty. 
He hated his job, the only thing that drives him to go to that god forsaken strip club every night is what the job gives him the opportunity to do each night, it gives him the opportunity to pursue his true passion. As he stood at the door of the strip club checking ID's, throwing people out or just guarding the champagne room, he would be thinking of the masterpiece he would create that night. As his shift ended he would try to pick out a canvas. On this particular night he's elated because he notices the perfect canvas for his next masterpiece walk into the strip club as he was leaving. He even hears the name of his canvas being called out as he walks out of the door, Adam. He races home to prepare his art room and supplies, change into his favorite hoodie and put on his "work" shoes. Then he races back to strip club hoping to catch Adam before leaves and much to his delight he saw Adam walking out of the club just as he returned. So, he began his process, which began with following Adam to the parking lot behind the club, as Adam reached into his pocket get his keys, he grabs Adam from behind and holds a small towel drenched in chloroform over Adam's face until Adam falls unconscious. He then took Adam back to his home, to the art room he had prepared earlier. He tied Adam to a wooden table, covered his mouth and waited until Adam awoke so he could continue his creative process. When Adam awoke terrified, expelling muffled screams, he only smiled at Adam. Then he grabbed his bone saw and, as he did with all of his canvases began working on Adam while he was still awake. He dismembered Adam, separating him from his limbs before finally removing his head, the entire time being soothed by Adam's muffled screams. He then took Adam's body and the of body of a canvas from another night which he called Linda and carried their pieces to a playground outside of a local pre-school. On the mulch of the playground he used both canvases on which he crated his art and used both to create one of his masterpieces. On the mulch of the playground he organized the dismembered body parts of Adam and Linda into an infinity symbol and said "masterpiece" and left the left hand of Adam in the left circle of the symbol and the right hand of Linda in right circle of the symbol. Both hands were missing their ring fingers. Then he returned home to get the same six hours of sleep he got every night.      

© 2016 marcus lopez


Author's Note

marcus lopez
Tell me what you think. Be honest.

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

124 Views
Added on May 20, 2016
Last Updated on May 20, 2016
Tags: Murder, suspense, mystery, man, art, daily life, daily, life, average man, average, fiction, short story, short, story, job, strip club, dinner, lunch, breakfast

Author

marcus lopez
marcus lopez

newark, DE



About
I've always enjoyed writing for almost my entire life and was always encouraged by teachers, parents and friends to keep writing. I always thought that I was good at writing and would like to see what.. more..

Writing