Compartment 114
Compartment 114
Know That I Too
We are never alone (a poem for mental health month)
Blank Space

Blank Space

A Story by MarcB
"

My mind is blank but I still have something to say

"

Blank Space



I write this as I do not know what to write about. I have always been fascinated by the people who can pick up a pencil and write a masterpiece of literature or some sort of screenplay. Unfortunately I don't believe I am one of those people.


I have decided on writing this as I don't have anything to lose. This could be something that could be loved or hated or may never be read by another person. The reason for the title of this piece of writing is because of the thought trail I had in my mind at the very point of writing this. I don't have many ideas that come to mind when it comes to writing. I can't ever thing of anything to write about.


I believe the best thing about writing is there is never anything you can write on a piece of paper which is right or wrong. As long as you understand it then no one can ever criticise it. I think one of the main reason I started writing this was because I was watching a video featuring Jeff Goldblum. He was talking about his passion he has for acting. This inspired me and I just thought to myself "screw it". 


There are a lot of people who you sometimes look at and you think wow, I wish i could be like them. They have really made something for themselves doing something they are passionate about. Why can't I be the next J.K Rowling. You know I am Scottish so I am only half way there. I think everyone should give themself a chance at doing what they love.


The reason people never do what they want to do is because they are always put down one way or another. For example I remember writing an essay at school for an exam. I wrote about a nightmare I had which was one of the most surreal and terrifying experiences i have ever had. I remember being very proud my paper i handed in. I also remember shortly after when I was handed my results which felt like a kick in the teeth. I got scored a poor grade on my paper. I worked really hard on my paper putting in as much details as possible. I believed this is what I needed toachieve success and be given a high mark. This was obviously not the case. This was possibly the moment which moved me away from writing altogether as I believed it just wasn't for me. I pour my everything into this only for it to be thrown back in my face. I know that this is not the mindset you should have but sometimes it isn't as simple as shrugging your shoulders and getting on with it again.


As I write this I am realising more and more how fun it is to write again. I love the fact I can take whatever I think and just plant it down on a page. I feel like I should have doing this a long time ago. Maybe I should have brushed off the criticism and continued doing something I enjoyed. I think if it were that easy everyone should just drop what they are doing and start doing what they love. I feel this world is cruel sometimes. Some people make a lot of money but they are unhappy as they are not living their life doing what they enjoy. 


I know to the average person this will seem like a lot of incoherent babbling and that is because it is. If you have read the lot of this you will also be pleased to know that this whole masterpiece was written in one night. One single night that I could not sleep. One day when I am getting an award you should be proud of being the first person to read my worst work. No I am only joking. I just wanted to take a whack at writing something because as I said there is no way it could negatively impact me. In my opinion if most people tried doing what they wanted as a career it would probably be worth the risk if that your happiness is on the line. Obviously your job would have to be a sensible one to an extent. Although as I said if it makes you happy well then who cares. I mean for god sakes I grew up wanting a job as a mythologist. I wanted to travel the world learning about ancient mythology. I was then told I could not make a decentliving off of this so that dream was shot down in flames. Another example of your dreams and hopes being crushed.


All I am going to say is this is a way for me to have a try doing something I love. So why don't give it a go as well. Thank you for reading.

© 2018 MarcB


Author's Note

MarcB
Ignore any grammar issues I may have unless you can give me some tips.

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

63 Views
Added on June 17, 2018
Last Updated on June 17, 2018
Tags: Personal, Expressive

Author

MarcB
MarcB

Glasgow, Ayrshire, United Kingdom



About
Hi there, I am just here to write for everyone. I don't have a specific audience. more..