Failures are Awesome and Here is Why

Failures are Awesome and Here is Why

A Story by Margarita Akatova
"

"No one will understand your fights, your book as much as you will"

"

My inner fight, my inner attempts to achieve something or to fail is exclusively my own book, thus my illusion, and only I can understand all the details because I am the sole writer of my destiny. When we take this as a basis, the foundation, we can carry on onto the next level - to a realization that even the story of a failure is an illusion; say, it is our interpretation of events; yes, it is a bedtime story we tell ourselves. As a matter of fact, everything we tell ourselves is.. empty. Zoom out a little bit here, imagine all the generations of people before us, imagine that huge ant house that was before and will be after.

People suffered, were disappointed and angry yet everything turned into dust - again and again, this circulation repeats itself. Now, it is our turn, the time has come for us to suffer, fail or be disappointed.
The universe, the galaxy continue to expand and work on a usual basis; we, on the other hand, continue to work within ourselves, trying to explain, understand and rationalise. Everything we tell ourselves is our illusions and this is where the power lies. This is where your true authority lies - in the writing of your story.

You cannot place the value of success in achieving your goal without placing the value on failure as well. The whole process is a value. This is what makes it so astonishing - one cannot be without another. You either think, tell yourself that something is indeed significant, and accept the whole achieving-a-goal as a ladder concept or an ocean wave, accepting it with all its ups and downs, or you only accept half of the significance (the success part); however,
half of the significance ≠ significance. This is where the power lies, in the acceptance of the whole.

The opposite of an illusion is your enthusiasm, your spirit. The eyes that glow and are willing to learn, are ready for a new adventure, the eyes are wise and full of fun, ready to interpret any story as an opportunity; prepared to not simply "start from fresh" but to know the significance of the whole story.
The fire in your eyes is not an illusion. Cheerfulness and humility, willingness to first help yourself and then to help others, collective creativeness, and the strive to go forward - are what is real. You may ask "...why?". I reply: The nature around us, the whole world perfectly existed before my birth and hopefully will perfectly exist after. This applies to us all and, frankly, our thoughts about it do not matter whatsoever. However, our fights - I remind you, our illusions, - are OURS, it is the only thing are able to truly control. The reality lies in the enthusiasm of the spirit, the pursuit, the energy.

It is in the ability to not only stand up but bounce back up with more enthusiasm, knowing that even when we fall, we still are achieving our significant target.

We gotta read some books of others. We should stop focusing so much on ourselves, on what we think about our stories - as this is a mere illusion of our own meaning of our world, within and out. We gotta pick up a different book, watch some other movie, a theatre play - and give 100 percent of our attention to that.
Switching from our own stories, our own realities, removing ourselves from the illusions we tell ourselves expands our understanding and builds compassion. We will eventually return to our own book, and will watch our "oh, I shouldn't have said that" movie before bed. Yet after coming back from travels through others' stories, we will see that everything is much easier than what we thought it to be. We gotta laugh at our failures knowing how significant yet powerless the stories are. Laugh at our illusions - in a good, a warm way.

A person who can laugh at himself will never again lack a reason to smile in his day-to-day life.
Learn to laugh, learn to see the ridiculousness of how insignificant the significance really is. To put it simply: next time you feel a wave of strong anger, disappointment, or suffering - think of the story you are currently writing. If all is an illusion of our own creation, and the universe will roll its way anyway, how angry can you really get? Let go.
Take a second to zoom out. Breathe out and smile - your goals are very significant, and your life values as well. And if sometimes we fall, we should accept it as a part of a significant goal/value story. It is all part of the writing process.
You're doing great.

© 2023 Margarita Akatova


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

39 Views
Added on May 16, 2023
Last Updated on May 16, 2023
Tags: psychology, selfhelp, writer, fail, book, story, great, happy

Author

Margarita Akatova
Margarita Akatova

Limassol, Cyprus



About
Greetings! I've started writing around March 2020, some of the words on the papers transitioned into poems, some into songs. I enjoy writing philosophical yet on-point texts that base around an emotio.. more..

Writing