What is it about you?

What is it about you?

A Poem by Maria Elise

What is it about you that makes me crave the feeling of words escaping from my lips in a way that would touch your soul? Is it because you love poems or because I love to write and you're a constant source of inspiration? Is it because now that I have you I can't express enough how much it thrills me or is it because I can't express enough how afraid I am to lose you?

What is it about you that makes me stop dead and my tracks and stare? Why are you so beyond me? You're everything and yet still just a simple being and I do not understand how the universe has been condensed into one human body. The sun is indeed behind your eyes and the cosmos is your mind and the planets are your soul and the stars are your body.

What is it about your smile that strikes me in such a way that makes me feel like I could conquer the world? What is it about the way it ignites a fire in your eyes that I want to watch burn forever? What is it about the way your lips curl back that strikes the match inside my brain so that I can only smile back? Your laughter is like birdsong, sweet and curious and I am smiling as I think of it.

I have never been so in awe of another person and I am always searching for the right words to express this. But can you ever explain the infinite to the finite? Can you ever count all the grains of sand on the earth and all the stars that are spit across the sky? Can you ever tally all the blue hairs that grace your head and frame that face that stuns me into silence? I will never be able to form the right sentence or write the perfect paragraph because you are indescribably infinite in everything that you are.

© 2015 Maria Elise


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

121 Views
Added on April 16, 2015
Last Updated on April 16, 2015
Tags: Girlfriend, stars, universe, poetry, question, lesbian, inspiration

Author

Maria Elise
Maria Elise

FL



About
I'm a 16 yr old from PA. I moved to FL when I was 7. more..

Writing
Panic Panic

A Poem by Maria Elise


Leaves Leaves

A Poem by Maria Elise