Value

Value

A Poem by Maria Elise

There are so many better ways to tell someone they're beautiful without using that word. I find it boring and cliche and almost insulting to call you beautiful when I can liken your presence to that of the tallest sequoia in the avenue of the Giants. You stun everyone as you cross the room.

Why would I call you beautiful when I could describe for you how looking into your eyes ignites parts of my soul that have been dark for far too long? Why would I say you're lovely when I can compare the softness of your grace to the feeling of the curtain of night bringing day to a close? When I can tell you that your gaze upon my skin feels like moonlight upon a silent valley I chose not to cheapen you with the words beautiful, lovely, pretty, gorgeous.

I value a compliment more when it is compared to something that strikes me and leaves an impression because you are more than simple words. You deserve more than simple words. You deserve the pictures I can paint with those words. They are worth so much more when used to create a landscape in your minds eye so you know exactly how much more you are to me than beautiful.

© 2015 Maria Elise


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

111 Views
Added on April 20, 2015
Last Updated on April 20, 2015
Tags: Girlfriend, gay, poetry, landscape, description, nature

Author

Maria Elise
Maria Elise

FL



About
I'm a 16 yr old from PA. I moved to FL when I was 7. more..

Writing
Panic Panic

A Poem by Maria Elise


Leaves Leaves

A Poem by Maria Elise