Your King Sized Bed

Your King Sized Bed

A Story by Justin Martin
"

just something that I wrote real quick between classes. It's about my girlfriend, well at least her bed

"

Gavin Degraw plays as I walk down the Quad. Little pieces of evidence of the impending White Death crunch beneath my feet, helping to create a soundtrack to my life. Maybe it’s the Horticulture class or the sentimental feeling that has resonated in me for weeks, but I notice something I have never before. I walk this sidewalk every day, but until today I have been completely oblivious to the picturesque beauty of the Main Quad. All the reds, browns, and yellows blend to create a surrounding of such beauty that words leave me. I am completely speechless. The hundreds of others walking with me melt away and I am completely alone in this amazing site. The sun warms my soul and in this moment everything is perfect, well almost. You are missing. It’s moments like this that make me with you were here.

The wind chills me, raising Goosebumps on my arms. Instantly I am taken back to room on cold winter nights: lying under the covers not saying a word. Just being content listening to your heartbeat. Waking up and lying in bed for hours, not wanting the ruin the memory being made. Your bed is our sanctuary, our own personal 72” by 84” world in the crowded solar system known as the Earth. No one could touch us there, it was our comfort zone. Problems didn’t exist in this world; the only thing that mattered was me and you, your skin on mine. We spent so many Sunday afternoons sleeping away the day, me holding you tight and you using my chest as a pillow. The best moments of my life and the times when I felt most like myself take place in that bed.

A smile crosses my face. It’s funny how something as small as the wind giving me chills can make my entire day. Winter will be coming soon and with that the metaphorical death. But, winter for me brings rebirth. Rebirth of an old love and the rebirth of the happiness that has been lacking every second since you left. I can’t wait for the snow to cover the ground because I know that when that day comes I will be home with the one I love, turning every second into yet another memory.

"If you were the winter, I know I'd be the snow
Just as long as you were with me, when the cold winds blow."

© 2009 Justin Martin


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

That was amazing! I don't believe you wrote it between classes. Every sentence was better than the last. Nice work.

Posted 15 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

111 Views
1 Review
Rating
Added on February 15, 2009

Author

Justin Martin
Justin Martin

Champaign, IL



Writing