The Way of The World

The Way of The World

A Story by massam

A little man presses his hand against the walls of a cranial window and watches outside. He sees houses passing by, customers, family, school, earth, sun, and whatever time and space lies behind the statue that he resides in. Inside his abode is a penthouse suite in which a turbulent weather pattern exists. This ecosystem is usually without a climate, and the occupants and objects lay in the wake of a rolling thunderstorm caused by a Sunny, spring day. They drink their coffee and smoke their cigarettes in wooden chairs, with their arms resting on the ledge, pressing against the glass. They are really mere fleshy, jelly-like entities that based what they are supposed to be perceived on the people they've observed in motions with the giant.

And that is what we are. We are nothing but fleshy, abstract things whose perception is cased within our small world. What is the universe supposed to do, put a pistol against its head and go “POP.” And then whatever the hell the universe is caged within will follow, and that will be “the way of the world.”

© 2014 massam


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

103 Views
Added on March 2, 2014
Last Updated on March 2, 2014

Author

massam
massam

Onancock, VA



About
I'm a bit of a confused twat living on the good ol' Eastern Shore of Virginia (that's the Delmarva peninsula to everyone, forget just f*****g Google it). I'm going to community college and am attempti.. more..

Writing