When Troubles become Treasures

When Troubles become Treasures

A Story by stephanycacas
"

we too can ultimately become the success story we once just dreamed of - mscacas

"

Realizing my greatest fears made me think  they’re something I should have never be afraid of. 

Falling flat on my  face is like a dialysis - it’s very painful but I know it’ll keep me alive. Reaching rock bottom became the best place where I made most of my life-changing decisions. Because I realize that it is during our trials and struggles that we learn to pause and reflect on what really matters most in our lives.


 I've notice that the people who became very successful in life have had their own shares of tragic events, failures and wrong turns that made them better and wiser. They've learned to turn even the most painful circumstances into a meaningful experience that can help impact more lives. I can personally attest how difficult it is to stay motivated and positive when everything in your life falls apart: when you see how slowly your dreams and goals fade away until you realize that they maybe too impossible to reach; when things that are out of your control happen at the time when you least expect them; when you’re trap in a hopeless situation that no matter how much you like to move on you need to stay there to survive( you’re like running in an imaginary treadmill and no matter how hard and fast you keep on running you’re still on the same place). 


It’s but very normal to feel anguish, desperate, and hopeless in times when things aren't going our way. It’s easy for us to complain, find excuses and blame people, things and circumstances when we face these unfortunate events in our lives.  But those people, who learned to respond positively in these painful experiences regardless of what they feel, ultimately emerge as victors.  They learn their lesson, find their purpose and finally live their destiny. Their stories make me feel that I too can get to that great success I am destined to live for. That no matter what obstacles, trials or even failures and wrong turns that I’m facing right now " they’re just but a necessary part of the whole process of my ultimate purpose in life.


And that’s what matters most in my life - my purpose. What am I really here for?


All my painful experiences have taught me to focus on that purpose. I realize that as we go in this journey of life there are many distractions. Just like for example, the short-term pleasures that make us trade what we want most from what we want now.  And many of these distractions are prevalent during our good times or when life is easy. But when we encounter turmoil or great storms that shake our lives, we learn to focus on the things that matters most. We learn to focus on our priorities. We become more discipline and persistent.  We develop our character. We stretch our limits and sharpen our skills. We discover our hidden potential that might have lain dormant forever. We become wiser and stronger. Thus, we become more capable of reaching our ultimate dreams no matter how impossible they once were.


Therefore, we should not fear, rather embrace great obstacles, problems, challenges, failures, wrong turns and even humiliation. Because like how an ordinary coal becomes a precious diamond under great pressure, with the right perspective, we too can ultimately become the success story we once just dreamed of.

 

Stephanycacas  1/10/15

© 2015 stephanycacas


Author's Note

stephanycacas
i would love to hear comments and suggestions. thank you

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

I agree.
"Therefore, we should not fear, rather embrace great obstacles, problems, challenges, failures, wrong turns and even humiliation. Because like how an ordinary coal becomes a precious diamond under great pressure, with the right perspective, we too can ultimately become the success story we once just dreamed of."
Hard times make strong people. Thank you for sharing your powerful words and thoughts.
Coyote



Posted 9 Years Ago


stephanycacas

9 Years Ago

Your welcome. Thank you for reading. Really appreciate it.:)
Coyote Poetry

9 Years Ago

You are welcome.
I really enjoyed reading this. A good wake-up call.

Posted 9 Years Ago


stephanycacas

9 Years Ago

thank you for reading.

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

239 Views
2 Reviews
Rating
Added on February 27, 2015
Last Updated on February 27, 2015

Author

stephanycacas
stephanycacas

Mbombela, Mpumalanga, South Africa



About
The sky is falling, the wind is calling; Stand for something or die in the morning! more..

Writing