The Girl and the Ghost

The Girl and the Ghost

A Story by Matchbox Of Music
"

If he knew his name, maybe he could move on.

"

Lulu wasn't sad that her grandmother had died- she hardly knew her. Her mother, however, had been in hysterics. Lulu understood. They had been very close. Everyone thought she didn't understand because she was so young, only seven, but she did. She just knew that death was necessary. She was an odd child and she knew this.

She was so bored and it was such a nice day. She slipped away from the mourners by ducking behind head stones and trees. She was always on the understanding that graveyards were gloomy and scary, by it was nice here with giant green trees.

Lulu was nearing the back now. These head stones weren't as taken care of like the ones up front. They were cracked and crumbled and some she couldn't even read the names. It was around this area that she found a nice sun patch that peaked through the trees. She fell down on the lush grass and stared up at the lazy clouds. She smiled and closed her eyes. This was nice- like a completely detached place from the rest of the world.

"That looks nice."

Lulu shot up and next to her, sitting on a head stone was a boy some years older than she was.

"I'm sorry. I scared you." He tilted his head to the side.

"What are you doing up there? I don't think you're supposed to be up there."

"Well," He looked down at the front of the head stone, "I think it's mine." He reached down and touched the crumbling cement, "But I don't remember because the name is gone."

"So you're like...a ghost?" Lulu questioned.

"I suppose so. Aren't you scared?"

"No. Should I be? You don't seem scary and you don't look like a ghost." She stood up and reached her hand out. It passed right through his arm and she jerked back.

"That felt funny." He said.

"Yeah, it was cold."

"I thought it was warm."

"Lulu!"

She spun around and saw her father walking towards her, "I have to go."

"Thank you for talking to me. No one else can see me. "

Lulu smiled, "I'll come back."

"You will?"

She nodded and ran away, towards he father.

"Bye, Lulu." The un-named boy watched her father pick her up and carry her way.

© 2008 Matchbox Of Music


Author's Note

Matchbox Of Music
I am Queen McShorty Stories from Short Storia Land where we are called the Short Storians

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

123 Views
Added on August 13, 2008
Last Updated on October 6, 2008

Author

Matchbox Of Music
Matchbox Of Music

Boise, ID



About
21-year-old born and raised Idahoian. Born in Pocatello, now living (or trying to) in Boise, I attempt to better my writing and move forward in such a fashion that people will wonder what the hell I'm.. more..

Writing