23 seconds of strange spring

23 seconds of strange spring

A Poem by Doux Polverenere
"

Reminscing the night before the party and along with the hangovers

"


They closed their eyes, holding their hands up and reminisced about 23 augusts of losing seconds and time.
Gone were the days of early morning dawn and red wine's delight, they were the towns fools in the middle of the night.
Seeking love they do not know in feelings not even cupid equations can ever define.
Trapped in its spell like swimming
tides we can't fight.
With sounds of virgins of pure spirit but a heart not devine.
There is no word to title them, for there is no such title for being both darkness and light.
Truly our lives in death and existence are portraits of the perfect monarchy design.
With visions of wisdom that fright.
Touching pleasant flames that burn with no sign.
Chasing peaceful springs in winter and endless stars of a hundred nights. But not tonight.
Tonight a hundred stars fell but nine made wishes and none were yours or mine.
How strange that winds pass by and all those fools do is take their eyes sky high and fly kites right out of white cloud's sight.
In the 23 augusts of strange springs with hangovers they claim to enjoy, heck they swore they fine, so why whine, they just losing seconds and time.

© 2016 Doux Polverenere


Author's Note

Doux Polverenere
Ask me anything about, feel free

My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

471 Views
Added on July 28, 2016
Last Updated on July 28, 2016
Tags: poem, memory

Author

Doux Polverenere
Doux Polverenere

polokwane, dendron, South Africa



About
PolvereNere( Italian for Black Dust),a writer of philosophy, simplistic poems and stories. I write with the wave of my life experiences and the voice within me. I am nothing more than A forgotten sou.. more..

Writing