My most embarrassing moment

My most embarrassing moment

A Story by matt-ham
"

The title says it all

"
 It all started in late July of 2002. I was 7 at the time and fresh out of 2nd grade I lived in Louisville Kentucky, and one afternoon I went with my Dad to Galyan’s sporting goods store. At the front of the store they had a stand up where kids could enter a contest with the winner getting to be a guest PA Announcer in the bottom of the 7th inning at a Louisville Bats game (The local Triple-A Baseball team).  I immediately signed up and entered. A few weeks later my Dad got a Phone Call from the Bats. I had won the Contest! A few weeks later in mid-August,  I was at Louisville Slugger Field ready for the game. That afternoon was when the trouble started. I got so excited about the game, I literally gave myself a  Migraine. My head was pounding, my stomach did not feel good, but I was not gonna let this opportunity pass. I went to the game anyway. I had very good seats at the ballpark and I throughly enjoyed the game. Then, at the end of the 6th inning, me and my family walked up to the press box so I could make the announcement. I started getting really nervous and my head started pounding again. I made it up to the press box and was ready to go.  They handed me a sheet of paper with the words I was going to say over the PA system. This was it I told myself, I was on in 30 seconds. And then out of nowhere…..I puked. Right in the press box in front of the announcers and in front of my family, I puked my guts out. Everyone was stunned (except for my 5 year old little brother who was laughing his head off). The PA and radio announcers did their best to ignore it and keep announcing the game While I was quickly rushed to the nearest bathroom. We went home after that…….So much for a good start to my Sports announcing/Journalism Career. 

© 2012 matt-ham


Author's Note

matt-ham
Feel free to review and correct me on any mistakes :)

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

231 Views
Added on April 20, 2012
Last Updated on April 20, 2012
Tags: embarassing, baseball

Author

matt-ham
matt-ham

Louisville, KY



About
20, love writing more..

Writing