Moon

Moon

A Poem by Max
"

Just a love letter about the moon

"
She positions herself perfectly, so I may open my eyes late at night after struggling to fall asleep and see her light revealing the things in my room, and know she is there. In the summer, when the sun burns hot, I wait for it to set so she may come out and cool the earth with her beauty. I will go out late at night and walk, and I will stay out there with her as long as she wishes, if I could stand there and be in her presence forever I would. But sleep must call, and I must wait for the next night to see her again.
Sometimes she isn’t visible, and I ache to see her again but I know she is there. When I see her appear as a mere sliver, I am joyous, for I know it means she is returning.
Each cloud that obscures her from my view is a stab to my heart, and each time it passes and I see her again that wound is healed. Without her I am nothing. Every year she drifts further away, but we will never be apart.
All the pain I feel subsides when her presence graces me, whether it be in thought or in sight, I am healed by her existence alone.
She makes the air fresher, the breeze softer, the stars brighter, the world sleepy, and my soul smitten. I yearn for her without end.
I sing to her at night. Whether she can hear me or not, it does not matter, for I know my love can travel a million miles and more. To the moon and back, and to the moon again.
The sun cannot burn half as bright as the rage I feel when it replaces her. When I see her, I cannot look away. Her gravity does not just affect the tide.
She has lived for forever compared to me. But even if I only exist for a split second in her lifetime, I know she will remember me. Among all the people that she has had in her life, I love her the most. Not only has she loved me, but she has made me, graced me, touched my heart and soul.
I cannot touch her, I cannot be close to her, yet I can love her. And I do. Infinitely. There is nothing in the sky but her.
I have watched her rise many times. These are the moments where it can just be her and I, and these are the moments we will cherish. Her craters are a flaw to some, but to me they are a symbol of her strength, of her resistance, and that just makes her all the more beautiful.
Imagining a world without her is equivalent to death. I have no thoughts throughout the day except for begging the sun to set quicker so I may see my love again.

Oh Moon, I love you in all your forms. But when you are full, and rich, and round, and bright, how it makes my heart flutter. I could go blind gazing at you. You are my life, my death, my rebirth, my breath, my blood, without you I do not exist.

© 2023 Max


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

56 Views
Added on January 15, 2023
Last Updated on January 15, 2023
Tags: #moon, #poem, #short

Author

Max
Max

no, UT



About
bleh idk more..