Late at night.

Late at night.

A Story by Maya Lin
"

Dark and true story.

"

I try to go to sleep late at night but sleep is the last thing on my mind. I toss and I turn and then I find myself thinking and thinking until my head is pounding with disruptive thoughts. I try to think of something else or read a book but nothing seems to take my mind off of it. I cry but no tears seem to fall. I can feel the sadness and pain in my chest and my eyes burn red, but yet no tears. I look numb like nothing bothers me on the outside, but on the inside I feel everything. I feel it all the time and at the most difficult times.

My doctor says I have depression, I even have medication for it. What is wrong with that is the meds don't help. Depression is a feeling that hurts the most late at night. I am okay during the day, I fake a smile and laugh. I read books and listen to music to keep my mind off of the bad thoughts.

Then late at night when I'm not ready the thoughts roll in like a cloud of heavy fog. I think of him. I think of the things that made me feel wrong when actually he was the one in the wrong. I can see myself back on the couch with the tv on late at night. I can see him sit next to me.

I can see it all happen for the first time, again and again. It goes through my head over and over every night.                           

 

© 2016 Maya Lin


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Featured Review

Well, I love to read truthful writings, I believe they are the true colors behind the black ink, though not seen, felt. Though I know this is more of a free write, I believe that if you put a little more effort into making it serious you should simply play around with your words and the sentence structure of this, excuse me if this is not the intention, but I believe it could be more than just an expressive write, it could be a story entailed. Depression sure is a whirlwind of thoughts and emotions but when in writing depression can heal and willow the feelings of one another to change and connect.
Drift & Pulse

Posted 7 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Maya Lin

7 Years Ago

This is probably the most thoughtful comment I've gotten on any of my work. Thank you for taking the.. read more



Reviews

Sounds a lot like how I feel sometimes, although I only feel it for a few minutes at a time, because I'm pretty much a stoic. Any feelings I have for girls are whisped away by meditation, so I don't have that problem. If this was an accurate expression of how you feel then I hope you find your ray of sunshine to hold onto like I did, and maybe meet a guy that will make you feel special amd render those feelings pointless.

Posted 7 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Iflybyyou

7 Years Ago

Well whatever floats your boat 😂 but I'm glad you're feeling better. Lol Nobody will ever want to.. read more
Maya Lin

7 Years Ago

I think it is good to be able to pick yourself up when you are down. I wish I had that strength. Tha.. read more
Iflybyyou

7 Years Ago

My strength honestly comes from God. I'm not all that special, I'm truly a mess. It's really just my.. read more
If I'm right, this sounds like rape? I can see the darkness in this and its scary as hell.

Posted 7 Years Ago


Bare trees

7 Years Ago

I'm sorry you had to go through that. Some things in life are not fair at all. I hope you can stay i.. read more
Maya Lin

7 Years Ago

Thank you for taking the time to read this and comment, I was afraid to post such a personal piece o.. read more
Bare trees

7 Years Ago

You're welcome.
Well, I love to read truthful writings, I believe they are the true colors behind the black ink, though not seen, felt. Though I know this is more of a free write, I believe that if you put a little more effort into making it serious you should simply play around with your words and the sentence structure of this, excuse me if this is not the intention, but I believe it could be more than just an expressive write, it could be a story entailed. Depression sure is a whirlwind of thoughts and emotions but when in writing depression can heal and willow the feelings of one another to change and connect.
Drift & Pulse

Posted 7 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Maya Lin

7 Years Ago

This is probably the most thoughtful comment I've gotten on any of my work. Thank you for taking the.. read more

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

246 Views
3 Reviews
Rating
Added on December 29, 2016
Last Updated on December 29, 2016

Author

Maya Lin
Maya Lin

Bar Harbor, ME



About
17 year old writer from Maine. Lives a boring life and has some dark stories. more..

Writing
Observe. Observe.

A Story by Maya Lin



Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..