Ugly as the Devil

Ugly as the Devil

A Poem by KLMazon
"

c+r lulu publishing; 2016

"

I'm an ugly person inside. Stop. I'm not doing this to fish for people who will insist I'm great. I'm just announcing the world that all this festering s**t piled five foot nine inches tall is indee me.

I know the only way to improve is to look the truth in the f*****g eye. It's time to drop the few illusions I've had about myself. I am nothing like the person I try to project.

Very few can see through me, least of all that person I find in my mirror in the mornings. they smile that crooked smile at me as they grab their toothbrush. I return that smile as I unscrew the cap from the toothpaste them.

I'm ugly as the f*****g devil. I see it. I'm glad I'm not the only one to suffer a glance. Just look at what you've bought! A box full of maggots and yet you reach a hand in to look for something beautiful, well by golly, I do hope you find something.

What if I told you that the "beautiful" laid in there rotting for over a decade? Would you take the other pill ... would you stay comfortable in the matrix as long as it's beautiful in there?

Cuz me ... I'm ugly as the f*****g devil. Purification comes only from fire.

© 2017 KLMazon


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

An interesting piece. I read it as someone who is suicidal and very insecure issuing a challenge.
It feel incomplete and I would like to know more.

Posted 7 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

90 Views
1 Review
Rating
Added on August 25, 2016
Last Updated on January 26, 2017

Author

KLMazon
KLMazon

Washington, PA



About
I have self published a novel (it's bad and unedited), a kids book, and many poetry journals at www.lulu.com/klmazon. I copyright everything before it is posted on here. My novel is LIVE- ** E-Boo.. more..

Writing
Black Black

A Chapter by KLMazon


Red Red

A Chapter by KLMazon


The Color Array The Color Array

A Chapter by KLMazon