all night long

all night long

A Poem by Madeline Capo

I want to kiss your neck and hug your body. I want to be buried in your arms. I want our toes to touch all night long. But as we sink into each other, tell me something different. Something hard. You know, the things you'd only say to yourself in the dark. Or with a single tear. Palo santo can't burn your memories. I still hear all the unsaid. The uncried. Swiling around in pockets of smoke. Brush your beard over my cheek. Speak to me in the crevice of my ear. I'm still here. I've never had a deeper sleep. Lust and the possibility of love makes the air pure. Please, keep talking. I want to know everything. Like who hurt you and why. Like who left you and how could they. Like who stole your energy and will you ever get it back. Don't spare details. Do we have to wait until five more dates. To cut our chests open? You want to kiss me here, there, everywhere. I want to know how you like to be kissed, and all the other people who have kissed you there. Back home, here, everywhere. Who were you in your country and who are you now? What were you like when you were small, do you think about those times at all? What happened on the playground? Is that why you won't play?  I don't need every answer now. I'll wait and learn and we'll laugh and shoot the s**t. But, f**k me if I'm crazy for thinking, all I really want is this. 

© 2023 Madeline Capo


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

60 Views
Added on October 1, 2023
Last Updated on October 1, 2023

Author

Madeline Capo
Madeline Capo

Barcelona , Catalonia , Spain



Writing
easy easy

A Poem by Madeline Capo