Thirty Miles Away

Thirty Miles Away

A Story by The Scholar
"

Another of those pesky 200-word sentences. They're actually rather fun, to be perfectly honest. Liked my last one better though. :/

"

Racing through the turbulent streets of her own mind, and wishing -- wishing on the first star that had appeared just there on the horizon, and wishing on everything that could possibly be considered eligible to wish on -- for the boy who lived over thirty miles away and only saw her on weekends at the gym to turn his thoughts toward her just once and perhaps decide he missed her, Lessa, stranded in her cramped room, and sitting on an office chair facing a little window, picked up a ballpoint pen from the corner of her desk and began to subconsciously scribble words onto a lined sheet of notebook paper with the intent of writing that same boy a letter, which would perhaps, one day, in a very, very long time, when she was old and he was old, and neither of them had thought of each other for many a year, be delivered by an impatient, rude-mannered mailman to the boy’s -- or man’s, by then -- house for him to read and finally realize that all these years she had loved him from thirty miles away in the little window of her cramped room, and yet had never gathered up the courage to tell him and find out whether or not he too, loved her in return.

© 2012 The Scholar


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

Almost breaks my heart, and frightens me a bit.

Posted 11 Years Ago


This reads so fast but...it's so good. The writing is delicious.

Posted 11 Years Ago


Great job! Did you notice that not all of the people in the contest actually followed the instructions? You and I went all out with our 200 word sentances :).

Nice job with maneuvering your grammar! I am not sure if mine is absolutley correct.

Posted 11 Years Ago


I absolutely love this. It's such an intriguing idea! Well done, indeed!

Posted 11 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

349 Views
4 Reviews
Rating
Shelved in 1 Library
Added on June 9, 2012
Last Updated on June 9, 2012
Tags: wistful, thinking

Author

The Scholar
The Scholar

Esco., CA



About
“We don't read and write poetry because it's cute. We read and write poetry because we are MEMBERS OF THE HUMAN RACE. And the human race is filled with PASSION. And medicine, law, business, engi.. more..

Writing