Song of Violins

Song of Violins

A Poem by Madalina Coman

NOV
21

Song of Violins




Our strings
are to never be plugged,
Our roads
are to never be marked,
by thousands of fingers;
by four and only four steps. 

As the river flows, 
the violin can be heard
like there's a song 
two hands has sung.

Between the millions of fingers
and the shy two steps
it is that touch that lingers
and eternally stops my breath;

The strings
that may never be plugged
again.
The roads
that may never be marked
again
The river that still flows
The I that 
only you
knows.

© 2015 Madalina Coman


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

The last usage of "again" could very well be left out. I feel like it would suit the piece better to not have the couplet of repetition. Being that i am in a loud autobody shop at the moment, though, may affect my ability to interpret flow as it is meant.

That being said, i very much enjoyed this piece. From the metaphorical violin to the varied stanzas. Violins are dear to me, and so anything to do with them is always held in a most high esteem with myself, but I love how you use it here to illustrate the paths we walk.

A few recommendations I will offer are as follows:

1. Try a lefthand alignment versus your approach at centering. I've always found centering to be poem specific for appropriation and this piece doesn't seem to need it. It detracts from the beautiful pictures you create with your words. This is definitely not said to keepyou from experimenting with structure in general, though. Try, try, and try again!! Get crazy with it! Just check it over now and then.

2. The title.. I don't know what it is that bothers me about it but it doesn't seem to do justice to you piece. Thats just my opinion though!

3. Pretty simple one here... "has" in the last line of the second stanza should be "have" due to the word "hands" being plural.

I wish i had more work of yours to review... get writing.



Posted 8 Years Ago


In a destiny of love, one road that leads to other is called "The Song Of Violins". That's what I kinda resonate outta the words you drilled deep in your pages. Very deep and poetically marvelous reading. It's 'bout two lovers whose destination's never be certain neither their "love". Nice flow of ink. Would be looking forward to reading you!

Posted 8 Years Ago


Madalina Coman

8 Years Ago

I am deeply touched by your words. I am happy that I was able to send off the emotion behind this pi.. read more
Being a musician and lover of music, I found this piece fascinating and filled with creativity. Thanks for sharing your writings.

~Rob~

Posted 8 Years Ago


This comment has been deleted by the poster.
Madalina Coman

8 Years Ago

Thank you so much! Your words really inspire me to write more. Thank you again!

-Mada.. read more
Bohrium Guy

8 Years Ago

The idea is to release and feel within words. I look forward to reading more from you.

.. read more

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

116 Views
3 Reviews
Rating
Added on November 21, 2015
Last Updated on November 21, 2015
Tags: love, poetry, nature, thoughts, words

Author

Madalina Coman
Madalina Coman

Brasov, Romania



About
Hello! My name is Madalina Coman and I am an English Major at "Transilvania" University of Brasov. Writing has always been one of my passions and I find this community a great opportunity for me to gr.. more..

Writing