A light on the Horizon

A light on the Horizon

A Poem by Michael Corkill
"

A spiritual journey from before time, through hell and back again. Thanks to you!

"
 
     In a dark world, a light is now resting on the horizon!

This is the tale of my journey from before time to the place where darkness was slain and light again burned white-hot with pure unadulterated LOVE! And YOU appeared to me, delivered by so much more than fate or destiny alone. The journey has led me far into a world of intense personalities ruled by greed and mistrust. A world of achievement and possessions at any cost. What a contrast from the place where my journey began.....

....That was a world filled with bright and sunny clear skies.

There each day started with a magnificent display of Glory.

  The Brilliant sunrise colors covered us with purest love, for the sunshine gave us warmth and expected nothing in return. The warmth of the sun touched our souls with comfort and peaceful contentment. And the strength of the sunset filled us with knowledge as to reveal all things mysterious. Even the night sky was bright with starlight so clear we could read the clouds on Jupiter. It was truly absolute perfection.

....then in a blink of an eye, my journey had begun.

    ......Alone.....I was all alone........

     

  "Father...Where are you?” I cried out in innocent defiance. “Why did you abandon me?"  The silence lasted only a moment but in that moment was contained all of the mysteries and visions of my journey. And that is where I first beheld your beauty as I see it today, a pure vision of undying love that slowly began filling me with the strength to take the first step of my journey..............From the presence of the Father to the womb of my Mother.

 

   The music that played and so sweetly embraced me was replaced by the gentle pounding of my mothers sustaining heartbeat, to soothe me as I floated in an ocean of loving protection. It was so peaceful. To be so complete and connected. Then, ever so faintly, the sounds of ocean like waves begun to seduce me as my senses railed to life. I began to hear thoughts of love and concern, and pleasant songs that stilled my restless spirit. No longer floating I struggled to explore my environment. The stillness now unbearable the darkness was pierced with a stream of light, "FATHER!"...I thought as I rushed toward the light. Fighting for freedom from the peace of my mother. Then as my mother forced me into the light, I was to find this world. This world of sensation and self. And my journey to return home was forgotten, as I was awash in the most total and complete state of selfishness... I was ALIVE!

 

  The sudden rush of air into my gasping lungs brought my new found senses to a flaming awareness of pain. Then, as if in the same instant, I was ripped from my mother and our connection severed. " MOTHER!"... Once again alone.....I was all alone........Just me and the light. The light was warm and pleasant. It was not bright like I remembered. And there was something inexplicably different though I could not discern what, for I barely could recall the world of my Father. And the world of my Mother was beginning to fade from my memory. It was being replaced with a longing for a place and a feeling not attainable. Abandonment was real and it was very real twice....Not so again. That was my first lesson. “No connection.....Then no separation,". The light. What was it about the light?  And the water......How clean it was, warm and soothing. Like the ocean in my distant dreams. The Light would become my father, as the Water has become my Mother. Thoughts became words and I uttered my first word. A most important and self defining word. The WORD was...."LIGHT!”

 

  As I grew, the priceless knowledge seemed to become dim in the lights of this new and now wondrous world. I was alive and I wanted everything. I hungered to experience all the mysteries and solve all of the puzzles of my world. I was set on conquest. My zeal for experience and the gathering of information was the rule of the day. Then I was stuck with the longing for a spiritual  touch, and while quite timid, my fear was dealt with by cautiously reading their feelings, thoughts and actions. And from that fear was born one of the greatest diversions my journey would encounter. I was an actor playing scenes for an audience’s adoration. I trusted them only to abandon me. So I committed to their pleasure for I was so convinced of my authority over this world, I believed I could write my own story, then make it so.....I have found that only works on oneself and not on others, for they are the masters of their own path. And that purpose is stronger than any one person.

 

  I have traveled far by now and have wasted much time. I have been misled into avenues of greed and desire. I have turned on the word of my purpose, and shone the darkness, forsaking the good nature of my light. And at my darkest point, I found out......I was not abandoned......I was touched once again by the light of the word....LOVE. "FATHER!” I exclaimed with a tear stained heart, "You have found me!". It was My Father that healed me.  It was my mother who washed me clean. Then I was restored. My mind filled with the word of LOVE. My LIGHT was to guide me and others. And LOVE had restored the priceless knowledge, that in giving, the world is balanced. But by taking chaos follows. It has been revealed that the difference between taking and receiving is in the heart of the giver. Service to others is truly its own reward....What a glorious feeling truth is........But then came, despair. How was I to do this? To trade a lifetime of taking from others, with a lifetime of service to others!

 

  I walked for a time in joy. And battled many evils along the way. I practiced patience and giving till it hurt, and was met by the greed of others. My zeal was, at first undaunted, now beginning to wilt and wither. My trust in the power of LOVE, to heal any wound and give complete, self-fulfilling satisfaction, was waning fast. Clouds were fast approaching this man standing in a field of dark despair. Thunder roars and shakes the ground of his foundation. His STAND is shaken and he falls to the ground. The seeds of self began to grow, nurtured by resentment and fear. A battle for direction had violently erupted and the mountain top was afire. Confusion and Bitterness, fought against Truth and Love. Selfish desires for a painless existence ripped at the veil of Trust he had woven. The man fought furiously in the tall grass and lost himself as the rain began to fall on his bleeding and broken heart. "Mother, it is good to feel you with me once more.” Were his last words before falling fast into a deep slumber.

 

 In my minds eye I can see the path. The Sun. The Light. The word. I must rise to my feet and reach towards heaven, “I must achieve Victory!". The only perfection is that of perfect LOVE. And in that knowledge came my biggest step yet. In the abandonment of self comes peace. And in peace are all things revealed from within.  “I have won!” I thought as I awoke...

 

I open my eyes to see you,

 ..........so far above me,

You fly on silver wings.

 In the clouds I survey my destiny,

.......... Then beckon to my Angel that sings.

You sing to me with words that are written upon the winds,

 Swirling intensely within the clouds I am taken completely by your beauty.

 

"Is it you?” We ask with expectant foreknowledge.

 

With flesh piercing gazes that meet as you land, we begin to ascend to a height of passionate pleasure.

You are me and I, You. We have longed to be whole once more.

With an explosion of wet color filled light we embrace and unite the soul mates within in oneness and desire. 

 

Does your love now cover me?

 Indeed, "YES!” as a warm relaxing rain

  Covering the hardness of my cold heart,

Where the light of that Love shall remain.

 

Purest whispers inspire my devotion,

 Enhancing my skills to defend.

I will fight for you and protect your honor,

 Until the very end.             

 

And now may we fly on in oneness,

  To learn and to give.

   To teach and to receive,

     For now peace is ours and the light of love is burning with a passionate flame.

 

We are all things to each other now.

 Connected from before time with link unbreakable by this world.

  For this is, all that is......I could not truly love myself until I loved you first.

And in loving you I became lovable to myself.

 

  Truly in the light of reality, I love you for what you do in being you.

© 2013 Michael Corkill


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

151 Views
Added on March 11, 2013
Last Updated on March 11, 2013

Author

Michael Corkill
Michael Corkill

Dallas, GA



About
Just an artist adventurously exploring every possible creative outlet. more..

Writing